Lineup is out, are you still going?

a6l6e6x

Line ups out, still going?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. With the line up out and a bit of moaning as per has it affected anyone’s decision on if they are still going. Personally I like it and there’s a lot I’ll try and see, I’d never give up my ticket anyway

• Like it, still going
    • Not a fan, throwing ticket back in the pot
    • Not a fan, going anyway
    • Like it, but not gonna go for some reason

8 minutes ago, Slimeyc said:

As it’s taken me years to finally get a ticket for sure I will be going. I have preferred many other years lineups but I’m sure there will be plenty I would like to see, just not so many must sees. 

still hoping for one final curve ball (Dua would be nice) but probably I will not be at many of the main headliners which is a positive in many respects in terms of crowding and wasting time

Really don’t buy the pipeline argument. There are many many female acts actively touring that they could have got to headline or bump up. They just dropped the ball with Taylor I think 

people like emily create that pipeline, if she doesn't work to improve it it won't improve. i also like how she blamed the drop-out for her booking g'n'r) all bands not already booked were available to her at that point.as i said, the likes of noel gallagher would have been a more 2023-relevant booking! it also looks like there werea few suitable females available. Florence, and more.

19 minutes ago, Slimeyc said:

As it’s taken me years to finally get a ticket for sure I will be going. I have preferred many other years lineups but I’m sure there will be plenty I would like to see, just not so many must sees. 

still hoping for one final curve ball (Dua would be nice) but probably I will not be at many of the main headliners which is a positive in many respects in terms of crowding and wasting time

Really don’t buy the pipeline argument. There are many many female acts actively touring that they could have got to headline or bump up. They just dropped the ball with Taylor I think 

dua won't be there unless a headliner drops out

they had no chance with taylor vs a live nation us stadium tour

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

dua won't be there unless a headliner drops out

they had no chance with taylor vs a live nation us stadium tour

Yeah I know that at the back of my head just haven’t accepted it yet!

I will have to get ready for ticket frenzy next year or move to Pilton then 

7 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I'd honestly go if there was no one on the line up poster I wanted to see, the night life alone is worth the money, there is so much to do at the festival you could legit see no one and still have made the trip worthwhile. 

i used to feel like that but it  doesn't work as well with this year's ticket price and my mobility issues.

To me it’s never mattered who is playing. There is always something on or something to see somewhere. I saw one pyramid headliner last year, one on the other and one park. We watched 10 mins of Adele in 2016 and went to SE corner. The year Stormsy played we were in the cabaret tent. If anything it’s a bonus when you’re not chasing a line up because you can catch the random stuff 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neil said:

moving around that crowd was difficult, cos i had to manoeuvre my mobility scooter around those people, would have been easier to find a good spot if i was on my own feet or if i'd been there before it got packed. it didn't work out in the way i'd hoped, cos it was all new to me i didn't know the best thing to do, it was a case of trying things out.

I would definitely recommend the area in front of the Water Aid stand. It's fairly close to the accessible back stage route too. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and fingers crossed you make it to the festival and have a good experience. 

14 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

I would definitely recommend the area in front of the Water Aid stand. It's fairly close to the accessible back stage route too. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and fingers crossed you make it to the festival and have a good experience. 

thanks, but at the moment, i'm leaning towards skipping it there's better reasons to not go than go.

17 hours ago, gfa said:

image.png.fc5d9a041ab537171655fe31f398d1da.png

11 acts atm and i've seen 4 before although defo want to see fatboy and fred again, less fussed by AM and Hot Chip as saw recently.

several more i'd happily watch like maneskin, rudimental etc. looking forward to it getting bulked out

I know this would happen.  Do you mean you've already seen Fred Again.. or do you mean you want to see Fred Again for the first time?

In other words, do you want to see Fred Again.. again?

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m surprised it’s as high as 4% not planning on going. I’d still be going even it there was nothing on the poster I liked. Amongst the several hundred not yet announced I’m sure to have a rewarding time.

I often used to go without knowing anything at all about the line up in advance.

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

I have often struggled to get onto the viewing platforms for more popular acts so this is of interest to me too. We ended up near the top platform for Paul McCartney and it was rammed but at least I could use the accessible loos. Is it a case of using the back stage loos? Guessing it would be hard work (I have a mobility scooter) using the ones on the nearby viewing platform.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

people like emily create that pipeline, if she doesn't work to improve it it won't improve. i also like how she blamed the drop-out for her booking g'n'r) all bands not already booked were available to her at that point.as i said, the likes of noel gallagher would have been a more 2023-relevant booking! it also looks like there werea few suitable females available. Florence, and more.

This. Here apathy is quite shocking.

10 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m surprised it’s as high as 4% not planning on going. I’d still be going even it there was nothing on the poster I liked. Amongst the several hundred not yet announced I’m sure to have a rewarding time.

4% more chance of a ticket for my Mrs who forgot to register in time.

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I really doubt even a single person on here is giving up their ticket based on the poster. People just like being contrarian...

It's a fraction of the line up.

The pyramid is not a stage I visit often. Think I maybe watched 3 or 4 sets there last year.

There are probably half dozen on the initial line up of interest to me.

There will be a wealth of stuff on elsewhere and that's where I'm likely to be away from the camping chairs and mats!

21 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I have often struggled to get onto the viewing platforms for more popular acts so this is of interest to me too. We ended up near the top platform for Paul McCartney and it was rammed but at least I could use the accessible loos. Is it a case of using the back stage loos? Guessing it would be hard work (I have a mobility scooter) using the ones on the nearby viewing platform.

Exactly this, either back stage route on the way between stages of accessible toilets at the back of the left hand side platform.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LeeHC said:

I really doubt even a single person on here is giving up their ticket based on the poster. People just like being contrarian...

i wouldn't be doing it on the basis of the poster alone, but the post could have convinced me to keep my ticket.

On 3/4/2023 at 12:46 PM, Toby Larone said:

Absolutely! I think the initial line up is good.... but the headliners are not the most important factor for me. Glastonbury is just a wonderfully magical experience.  

Exactly, that has always been the case, headliners by definition get the headlines and main tv coverage but those who really get what the festival is all about don’t really give them the same credence. The press and other critics can bump their gums as much as they want about the line up, like you we go to the farm for so much more. 

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Exactly, that has always been the case, headliners by definition get the headlines and main tv coverage but those who really get what the festival is all about don’t really give them the same credence. The press and other critics can bump their gums as much as they want about the line up, like you we go to the farm for so much more. 

the guardian is not impressed

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/05/glastonburys-blokefest-of-headliners-is-sloppy-slapdash-and-very-off-brand