Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

On 3/13/2023 at 4:54 PM, maelzoid said:

Have you thought about an army cot?

Triggered. I've terrible memories of a youth club holiday in a borrowed church hall somewhere.

Squeak. Squeak. Squeak all bloody night.

Though having google imaged camp beds, not them apparently. The things they provided for us were more like flat sun loungers. Springs bloody everywhere.

Another one for those tent camping more so but really for anyone attending, packing a bit lighter. 

These work great on a small camping stove, brilliant toasties.

614-E62ZHJL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridgemonkey-CLASSIC-SANDWICH-TOASTER-STANDARD/dp/B0BSNT14LQ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3SR6SYD260QT2&keywords=ridgemonkey+pan&qid=1678966676&s=kitchen&sprefix=ridg%2Ckitchen%2C128&sr=1-6

1 hour ago, Lucy F said:

Baby wipes. I know they're not very environmental but they work wonders at festivals 🚼

I used to be a baby wipe fan until I realised a collapsible bucket and a flannel is far superior wash in the mornings.

It actually makes me feel something approaching clean in the mornings!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

I used to be a baby wipe fan until I realised a collapsible bucket and a flannel is far superior wash in the mornings.

This is such a game changer. I’ve been doing the same at festivals over the last few years. Feel so much cleaner and fresher. And you avoid the wet wipe waste. Also, amazing to put your feet in at the end of the weekend haha!

15 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

a proper cold water shower blows away the cobwebs from night before .... i use a porta shower 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

a proper cold water shower blows away the cobwebs from night before .... i use a porta shower 

How weighty/bulky is the porta shower? I’d love this but just another big thing to carry in. 

2 minutes ago, rwoo said:

How weighty/bulky is the porta shower? I’d love this but just another big thing to carry in. 

very is the answer this is the one I have 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Compact-Portable-Camping-Caravanning/dp/B07NS3LVS5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2ZHE5R04HS6PQ&keywords=porta+shower&qid=1678973269&sprefix=porta+shower%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-5

but there is any attachment you can add to a plastic bottle I also have ... ill try and find the link but that version is tiny 

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

Another one for those tent camping more so but really for anyone attending, packing a bit lighter. 

These work great on a small camping stove, brilliant toasties.

614-E62ZHJL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridgemonkey-CLASSIC-SANDWICH-TOASTER-STANDARD/dp/B0BSNT14LQ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3SR6SYD260QT2&keywords=ridgemonkey+pan&qid=1678966676&s=kitchen&sprefix=ridg%2Ckitchen%2C128&sr=1-6

These are brilliant. Also great to use as a non stick frying pan. And about a million other things if there Facebook groups dedicated to recipes for it are anything to go by.

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

very is the answer this is the one I have 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Compact-Portable-Camping-Caravanning/dp/B07NS3LVS5/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2ZHE5R04HS6PQ&keywords=porta+shower&qid=1678973269&sprefix=porta+shower%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-5

but there is any attachment you can add to a plastic bottle I also have ... ill try and find the link but that version is tiny 

Thanks pal, I’ll have a look into it. As much as I love a festival, the older I get the more I appreciate feeling clean and fresh haha! 

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

Absolutely this!  Especially if you take a little burner/kettle for drinks and you've got a porch or a standy up bit in your tent to get naked in 🙂 

2 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Yes,  collapsible bucket, flannels and hot water from the camping kettle.  A great feeling as the hot wet flannel does its job.  We have a few flannels and wash/rinse them out after use, hang up for use the next morning. It also removes the residue from a day using the longdrop sanitiser. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris