Glastonbury chat room

Crazyfool01

On 3/8/2023 at 2:07 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

For anything relating to Glastonbury … to shy to create a post ? Not sure the answer to a question ? , just want to share some excitement ? This is the place for it . Anything random relating to the festival 

Hello Crazy,

Is the room you mention different to the 'room' that I am in, so to speak?

43 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Crazy,

Is the room you mention different to the 'room' that I am in, so to speak?

Is there anyone in your room with you Yog.?

Are you chatting with them.?

If not, stay here with us. Its warm and we are chatty. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone doing anything Glastonbury related this weekend. I'm planning on getting the Glastonbury box down from the loft and having a sort through/sort out. Might have a wander round the site as well. It might be the last chance I get before 'things start happening' on the site.

15 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Anyone doing anything Glastonbury related this weekend. I'm planning on getting the Glastonbury box down from the loft and having a sort through/sort out. Might have a wander round the site as well. It might be the last chance I get before 'things start happening' on the site.

Wish I lived close enough to just wander round there haha

11 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Went a few weeks back and posted the pics on Glastocam thread … love going for a wander … are you a Piltonian ? I guess that’s the correct term ? 

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Ooh. Is this this years Virtual Campfire thread?

Thought there may be a new chat function (or did it never go away? (sure there used to be one)).

Sadly the chat room went quite a while ago … never did get to chat to anyone in there … maybe I scared them off 🙂 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sadly the chat room went quite a while ago

it was an add-on to the forums software, and they discontinued it.

somewhere i'd got the code for the original chatroom used here, and when i looked for it i couldn't find it.

23 minutes ago, Neil said:

it was an add-on to the forums software, and they discontinued it.

somewhere i'd got the code for the original chatroom used here, and when i looked for it i couldn't find it.

There's still loads of chatbox add ons available if you wanted to install one...

But would you really want to install one? All it would do is reduce post count. Plus, lots of quick questions would be asked and answered in there, rather than on the forums, where they can easily be found by other people looking for the same answers in the future. 

They do have their advantages though, like keeping off topic chit chat away from proper threads.  

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

would you really want to install one?

no, the forums are  running well with the current set-up. there's normally a lot of database load  from a chatroom, so that might upset the server a little.

also there's no need for me to change things when i'm already sitting  near the exit.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

no, the forums are  running well with the current set-up. there's normally a lot of database load  from a chatroom, so that might upset the server a little.

also there's no need for me to change things when i'm already sitting  near the exit.

Fixing up for a nice relaxing and well earned retirement? 

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Went a few weeks back and posted the pics on Glastocam thread … love going for a wander … are you a Piltonian ? I guess that’s the correct term ? 

I live just outside Pilton but the site is only a short cycle ride away.