Glastonbury chat room

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Dunno but I think she’s alone now after that performance 

shes married to a brit and lives in the uk?

/me ashamed of my knowledge of tiff.

Alls well that ends well...

Tiffany is back bellowing her hit out, rather than slurry swearing... we've all had a bit of a pissed karaoke moment.... ( although not necessarily in a professional capacity)

and by all accounts, she is no longer alone now... living with 'some bloke' in Cannock - so quiet handy for the very lovely Bearded Theory. If I bump into her (maybe in the beer tent), I will pass on all your good wishes. 

7 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Alls well that ends well...

Tiffany is back bellowing her hit out, rather than slurry swearing... we've all had a bit of a pissed karaoke moment.... ( although not necessarily in a professional capacity)

and by all accounts, she is no longer alone now... living with 'some bloke' in Cannock - so quiet handy for the very lovely Bearded Theory. If I bump into her (maybe in the beer tent), I will pass on all your good wishes. 

I’m so happy to see this after the really depressing video shared earlier. And I’m not even a fan!

1 minute ago, Lucy F said:

Quick question. I can handle big crowds, but only in small doses. Where can I go that's less crowded but still fun? Daytime and night.

lots of smaller venues in the green fields https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-green-fields/ , you can also chill out inn the woods by the park or maybe on the hill by the glastonbury sign but there won't be much going on there .... the bars all have music too but on a smaller scale to the big areas 

4 hours ago, Lucy F said:

Quick question. I can handle big crowds, but only in small doses. Where can I go that's less crowded but still fun? Daytime and night.

West holts during the day and particularly in the morning and lunchtimes on sunny days can be majestic

Just around the corner, the cabaret tent is a lovely place for a sit down & some comedy / something crazy. 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

West holts during the day and particularly in the morning and lunchtimes on sunny days can be majestic

Just around the corner, the cabaret tent is a lovely place for a sit down & some comedy / something crazy. 

Love The Cabaret Tent. Raining? Nothing else on takes your fancy? Cabaret Tent.

Probably seen more sets there than anywhere else over the years. Used to think I spent more time there than anywhere else, given the number of acts seen, but then theorised that they probably only do about twenty minutes average each.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Love The Cabaret Tent. Raining? Nothing else on takes your fancy? Cabaret Tent.

This might sound dark, but one of my best days on the farm was the day after Michael Jackson died.  The night before had been the opening night of Trash city, which was the first incarnation of what would become the naughty corner after the retirement of Lost Vagueness (which was an insanely brilliant night, it has to be said).

There had been a thunderstorm on Thursday evening and there was a bit of light rain here and there through the night, but at some point after I'd crashed it started fucking it down again so we all woke up to the first full day of the festival to a muddy site, prolonged heavy rain and this bizarre situation where T-shirt stalls were selling Jackson 4 shirts by sun-up.

I had mates camped with the strummerville crew, who I caught up with that morning and we ended up in the cabaret tent about midday, it was absolutely rammed.  Every act was basically ripping up the script and reacting to MJs death in their own fashion, with Phil Jupitus spending several minutes just reading out the jokes he (like all of us) had received on his phone from the outside world over the course of the previous 18 hours.  It was brilliantly surreal, the tent was heaving and by lunchtime the rain buggered off, not to return til Sunday night and a quality year at Glastonbury was had by all.

12 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This might sound dark, but one of my best days on the farm was the day after Michael Jackson died.  The night before had been the opening night of Trash city, which was the first incarnation of what would become the naughty corner after the retirement of Lost Vagueness (which was an insanely brilliant night, it has to be said).

There had been a thunderstorm on Thursday evening and there was a bit of light rain here and there through the night, but at some point after I'd crashed it started fucking it down again so we all woke up to the first full day of the festival to a muddy site, prolonged heavy rain and this bizarre situation where T-shirt stalls were selling Jackson 4 shirts by sun-up.

I had mates camped with the strummerville crew, who I caught up with that morning and we ended up in the cabaret tent about midday, it was absolutely rammed.  Every act was basically ripping up the script and reacting to MJs death in their own fashion, with Phil Jupitus spending several minutes just reading out the jokes he (like all of us) had received on his phone from the outside world over the course of the previous 18 hours.  It was brilliantly surreal, the tent was heaving and by lunchtime the rain buggered off, not to return til Sunday night and a quality year at Glastonbury was had by all.

Think I may have been at that Jupitus thing (you know how things are). '09 (had to look that up). A. Fucking. Great. Great year. Very special for me for certain reasons. Didn't think I was going to make it 'till literally a few days before.

Seen so many great, funny, weird, surreal, fucked up things in there. The Two Alices spring to mind.

For some reason I don't remember rain or storms that year. Possibly tied to the reason I nearly didn't make it. I was concentrating on enjoying myself.

Definitely no rain or storms in '10 though.

Edited by MrZigster