Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

obviously williams green has been previously discussed but ive heard that there might be a car installation in its place with the cars from cinemacarmageddon which will no longer exist it kind of makes sense looking at the cars from the visit in feb with massive poles running the length of them .... they were in carmaggedon before that 

IMG_5143.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Me too had a cracking time there Thursday night last year.

its sad to see any areas downgraded or disappearing tbh .... even if i dont frequent them often just shows the financial struggles of festivals because of cost of living this year 

Just now, Fingerbobs said:

I never made it there and never will then by the sound of it. I expect the cars will be parked up to hang out in as WG is a big old central  space. Would be nice to get a car henge again though.

yeah you dont know if these areas will return .... hope so . but those pillars through them look like them going upright or bolted into something 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i quite liked FBS out there ....also means that some of the stuff will also be elsewhere on site .... from memory there was a plane there ? 

Yes, there was a plane there last year.  

I was staying at Sticklinch so had quite a few beers there on the way passed in and out.

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not sure reasons .... I guess budget cuts .... i presume camping replaces it as its quite far out 

Yeah I'd assume it'd be replaced by camping. We camped near it but never made it up there, bit of an odd location really, you had to specifically go to it rather than stumbling across it 

25 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

I'd missed that in the photo - car henge it is then!

just wondered if it might be a bit more .... those girders look pretty bulky ..... there were also bumper cars on the back of a flatbed ... which i presume will be for the pier ? 

Shame to hear the rumour about cineramageddon. Didn't make it there last year and was on my list to definitely check it out this year...nevermind then. Kids will love jumping over them all if they're chilling in williams green instead I suppose...

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not sure reasons .... I guess budget cuts .... i presume camping replaces it as its quite far out 

Not necessarily. We know from the map of the premises licence in their planning application that the whole area including Cinerarmageddon and Paine's ground is licenced to be able to go through to 6am, they just haven't used it before. 

This adds fuel to my theory that there's going to be relatively big site changes this year. 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Not necessarily. We know from the map of the premises licence in their planning application that the whole area including Cinerarmageddon and Paine's ground is licenced to be able to go through to 6am, they just haven't used it before. 

This adds fuel to my theory that there's going to be relatively big site changes this year. 

well we've had 2 big ones so far .... and no sign of the map fuels that fire further 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well we've had 2 big ones so far .... and no sign of the map fuels that fire further 

Williams green- gone

John Peel- renamed (opportunity for a redesign?) 

Cinerarmageddon -maybe gone

Genosys- needs a new stage (unless they want to resurrect the mouldy experiment)

Arcadia- any more rumours since the Apache was spotted? 

Shangri-la -artist call out spoke about micro venues

SE Corner- no families after 10pm (does that indicate changes elsewhere to put more stuff on?)

Accessible camping- moving 

Then obviously the pressure on them over crowding, the guardian line up release referenced it so shows it's a real pressure on them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

im pretty confident 

but yeah theres quite a bit there id forgotten 🙂 

I'd add to my list that we got an entirely new area last year with the BBC introducing tent moving to its own field that seems to have passed everyone over- maybe there's more they can do with it?

As well as silver Hayes not quite landing - probably the same again but maybe the locations might be tweaked

11 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd add to my list that we got an entirely new area last year with the BBC introducing tent moving to its own field that seems to have passed everyone over- maybe there's more they can do with it?

As well as silver Hayes not quite landing - probably the same again but maybe the locations might be tweaked

I'd expect quite a few changes with Silver Hayes - last year was the first year with a new organiser. Lady year was getting some new stages and getting the lay of the land, this year would be the logical time to make their mark.