Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not sure reasons .... I guess budget cuts .... i presume camping replaces it as its quite far out 

I guess it’s an easy thing to cut, as the capacity was quite small. I’d hope there will be some form of entertainment replacing WG rather than just a vintage car assembly. 

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

I guess it’s an easy thing to cut, as the capacity was quite small. I’d hope there will be some form of entertainment replacing WG rather than just a vintage car assembly. 

yeah me too ...hopefully an outside stage of some kind although I dont think this has become clear yet 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah me too ...hopefully an outside stage of some kind although I dont think this has become clear yet 

Wack the pier there and have bands playing on it out in the open

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Wack the pier there and have bands playing on it out in the open

The pier has concrete footings and ground plates so I doubt it will be moving. My guess is Williams Green will become something like the new Glade stage and structure.

• Thanks 1

I agree get rid of Glastonbury on sea

I was chatting to a guy in 2019 who built it and was friends with Jo Rush. He is the designer and Jo and his brother create lots of other installations at glasto...they are part of Glastonbury festival since way back. But this guy was saying that when Jo runs out of cash he comes up with a wacky but expensive but  creative idea and puts it to the Eavi. He has their ear. Emily has said that to put on the same show as last time tickets should go up by £100. I would pay £500 for a ticket but understand that to keep it inclusive ticket prices can't go up by that amount.. therefore cuts to budget. I used to use Camplight and that spot  is now taken by Glastonbury on sea! So I want Camplight to come back!  

1 hour ago, Smozmorris said:

I agree get rid of Glastonbury on sea

I was chatting to a guy in 2019 who built it and was friends with Jo Rush. He is the designer and Jo and his brother create lots of other installations at glasto...they are part of Glastonbury festival since way back. But this guy was saying that when Jo runs out of cash he comes up with a wacky but expensive but  creative idea and puts it to the Eavi. He has their ear. Emily has said that to put on the same show as last time tickets should go up by £100. I would pay £500 for a ticket but understand that to keep it inclusive ticket prices can't go up by that amount.. therefore cuts to budget. I used to use Camplight and that spot  is now taken by Glastonbury on sea! So I want Camplight to come back!  

Can't see them binning it off for a while, too much money and infrastructure invested into it

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Accessible is moving to wicket so that family camping will be moved (straight swap?)

Yeah entirely possible it's just the same amount of churn as last year I guess. 

Although 2022 did give us the new glade, silver Hayes, San Remo and new BBC introducing area so maybe it actually was more change last year then I remember!

7 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Where is all the cheese going to go? Cheesy music central was Williams Green

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smozmorris said:

I used to use Camplight and that spot  is now taken by Glastonbury on sea! So I want Camplight to come back!  

Camplight aren't coming back, even if the space was returned to camping. That bridge was well and truly burned when they refused to relocate and then threw a petulant fit after the Festival took the space away.

3 hours ago, FrankieX said:

Williams Green not being there (and not being replaced by a stage) would annoy me somewhat, as the announced lineup hasn't wildly enthused me so far and WG always seemed to have a fair few acts I liked though the weekend.

Not Thursday though. I'm not crazy.

Same - I like a lot of smaller guitar based acts and it pretty much the only place the smaller ones made it onto the lineup. 

That said, it always seemed quiet so not sure if many will miss it.

I just hope the roaming rotisserie has a home still! 

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Camplight aren't coming back, even if the space was returned to camping. That bridge was well and truly burned when they refused to relocate and then threw a petulant fit after the Festival took the space away.

Oh I don’t remember it being so sour but I remember them making a statement thanking Emily for the helping them create camplight. I guess it was more hissy behind the scenes!

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I quite like Glastonbury-on-Sea. I don't spend a lot of time there but more than I've spent in the SE Corner over the last few festivals. 

must actually go on there this time instead of walking past . hopefully its ready on the wed this time .... 

It's just an extension of the type of stuff you see in T&C etc. Walkabouts, stuff you can get involved in, bingo, pinball, the robot band is impressive, stage with live acts on at the entrance, great view off the end, bumper cars... What's not to like? I guess they could have spent the cash on a few more DJs.

Pier is an impressive construction but when money is short I would rather they binned this than WG or spent it on artists. If the foundations are in it can come back when they are more flush. No need to pay for the build.

Same for the car cinema. Which I like a  lot.

I quite liked the pier. Having gone last year with someone who only realised that they're not good with crowds after COVID it was a perfect place to sit down and chill for 40 minutes. 

People talk about bimbling being a great thing to do at Glastonbury and this was one of those things that was great to just bimble around and chill on. 

In a wet year it'll do really well I reckon as a place to stand on hard ground.