What is current best-guess of The Other stage lineup?

Twiggy553

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

Headliners and subs on the Other Stage, and on which days?

Fri Wizkid, Fred Again, Churches

Sat Lana, Rumour of Pendulum as a possible sub, Tom Grennan 

Sun QOTSA rumoured, TWOD possible sub

Edited by T-Mouse

Paramore felt like a given this year - new album, touring in the Summer etc. They even said they were looking to play UK festivals and they're not on the bill for R&L. I wonder if they could sub Saturday or Sunday?

The National also felt like an obvious shout but I can't see it now.

10 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Fri Wizkid, Fred Again, Churches

Sat Lana, Rumour of Pendulum as a possible sub, Tom Grennan 

Sun QOTSA rumoured, TWOD possible sub

Fred seems the obvious bump up of QOTSA falls through. 

Hopefully not on Sunday though.

1 hour ago, JRhys29 said:

Paramore felt like a given this year - new album, touring in the Summer etc. They even said they were looking to play UK festivals and they're not on the bill for R&L. I wonder if they could sub Saturday or Sunday?

Tbf they do have a gap in their schedule between playing Bonnaroo on June 18th and New Orleans on July 6th. In theory they could slot in, and would also make sense if they have a tie-in with Chvrches given that Hayley Williams has recorded a take on a Chvrches track.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf they do have a gap in their schedule between playing Bonnaroo on June 18th and New Orleans on July 6th. In theory they could slot in, and would also make sense if they have a tie-in with Chvrches given that Hayley Williams has recorded a take on a Chvrches track.

Genre-wise it would make sense if they were the Other headliner up against Elton. I know he’s a self-declared fan of them but I doubt that would come into it. 

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

100%, but I think they might be too big for that to work. Be amazing if they did.

didn't Gojira do something similar and they sell out Ally Pally nowadays?

May be wrong as haven't been to G since 2016 but I'm sure they played a similar slot.....

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

didn't Gojira do something similar and they sell out Ally Pally nowadays?

May be wrong as haven't been to G since 2016 but I'm sure they played a similar slot.....

Yep they were on during Stormzy.  Caught the end and then watched Idles

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Genre-wise it would make sense if they were the Other headliner up against Elton. I know he’s a self-declared fan of them but I doubt that would come into it. 

Yep and their new album leans more into post-punk which is a more typical Glasto fit than their earlier pop punk sound.

6 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

1% chance of Skindred on the Other Stage let alone subheadlining it

Pretty confused as to where your getting 1% from considering bands like Babymetal have played it recently, who are a considerably smaller band

Edited by MrSpaM

9 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Pretty confused as to where your getting 1% from considering bands like Babymetal have played it recently, who are a considerably smaller band

They’ve had heavier/Kerrang!-like bands on Other before so it’s certainly not out of the question that Skindred could play there, but they won’t be anywhere near as high as subbing it.

And Babymetal are definitely the bigger band of the two - not sure why you think otherwise.