Your Glastonbury Breakfast - Official Thread 2023

Jacko45

Cereal bar at my tent (always have them in my day bag too as a quick and easy snack) and then find a vegan place for a late breakfast/early lunch which will keep me going till I need to eat again around 7pm. 

My childish rule which I've maintained into sustained adulthood is red wine must be the first thing I consume each day, whether I want to or not. 

Heh.. just remembered convincing my fellow campers to have Absinthe for breakfast. We didn't have sugar so made do with a sweetex in each 😂

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Heh.. just remembered convincing my fellow campers to have Absinthe for breakfast. We didn't have sugar so made do with a sweetex in each 😂

Did you find the cheeky absinthe joint last year?

Dehydration salts, energy drink, a can to get me started, and then food options are either something from Children's World (if you know you know), a kedgeree from the Goan Fish place, or some Hare Krishna porridge. Can't go wrong with any of those really. 

Always take flapjacks and Belvitas with me, thinking of taking some good dark chocolate as well this year. That’s my starter at the tent with a Berocca and a sports drink (another SIS promoter here). Then I grab a brekkie/brunch wherever I get chance and ideally a smoothie too.

Edited by MEGABOWL

On 3/31/2023 at 5:20 PM, maelzoid said:

I have no stamina for queuing for breakfast so like to bring the stove and live the good life...

This is very much me. We camp in bushy and there arent many good food options near and i’m a “once youre out of the campsite, you’re out for the day” kind of person.

So we bring a campingaz and do stuff like scrambled eggs and bacon or instead chorizo, as it keeps very well. Because we are a bit mental / extra we bring pre-sliced sourdough bread and toast it. Campsite cup of tea is always disappointing due to the tap water at the fest having chemicals in it but we still do it. Bring fruit juice boxes too.

Youre ready to face the day then! Luxury of bringing the car, i’ll admit. But nowhere near the luxury of a camper! Also the washing up is not fun. 
If there is an absolute must see early doors then we’ll grab something on the way but its not my preference. If you buy breakfast you need to find somewhere thats not very near any campsites to avoid a massive que. Anything at the park is a write off these days.

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

This is very much me. We camp in bushy and there arent many good food options near and i’m a “once youre out of the campsite, you’re out for the day” kind of person.

So we bring a campingaz and do stuff like scrambled eggs and bacon or instead chorizo, as it keeps very well. Because we are a bit mental / extra we bring pre-sliced sourdough bread and toast it. Campsite cup of tea is always disappointing due to the tap water at the fest having chemicals in it but we still do it. Bring fruit juice boxes too.

Youre ready to face the day then! Luxury of bringing the car, i’ll admit. But nowhere near the luxury of a camper! Also the washing up is not fun. 
If there is an absolute must see early doors then we’ll grab something on the way but its not my preference. If you buy breakfast you need to find somewhere thats not very near any campsites to avoid a massive que. Anything at the park is a write off these days.

Switch in coffee for tea and we have a winner.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Switch in coffee for tea and we have a winner.

Thanks! I see it as a money saver as breakfast for 3 people and cups of tea is like what £8 a day over 5 days?

£8 x 3 x 5  =£120

One you have the equipment (campingaz, canisters, bread toaster thing, kettle) youre looking at say £20 a year max to get a new toasty thing annually £5 and the ingredients so saving £100 per fest

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Thanks! I see it as a money saver as breakfast for 3 people and cups of tea is like what £8 a day over 5 days?

£8 x 3 x 5  =£120

One you have the equipment (campingaz, canisters, bread toaster thing, kettle) youre looking at say £20 a year max to get a new toasty thing annually £5 and the ingredients so saving £100 per fest

We did similar last year. Bacon and egg sarnies with aeropress coffee and porridge pots all done on a stove. Like you said clean up was bugger but we're on the bus this year so we won't be carrying all that kit with us.

18 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

we're on the bus this year so we won't be carrying all that kit with us.

Yeah its not really an option if on the coach. If its any consolation our bags are extremely heavy and we bring too much stuff really which is a big struggle! You cant win, unless youre in a camper!

• Upvote 1