Silver hayes 2023

Crazyfool01

14 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm coming at the SH as a total novice, don't know what's "really" cool or not, and I really don't care either.

I just wanna dance around like a total loon with friends and have fun, and...

image.png.cb4f84e8835c97fa2a75e73078108812.png

Yeah, I get it, and each to their own party, the variety at Glasto is one of its strengths. 

It was more SH I was amazed at. Just surprised that DJs there are playing stuff like that. 

But then I never got the Orbital mixing in Belinda Carlisle thing either. 

1 hour ago, JudgeGrumpy said:

Yeah, I get it, and each to their own party, the variety at Glasto is one of its strengths. 

It was more SH I was amazed at. Just surprised that DJs there are playing stuff like that. 

But then I never got the Orbital mixing in Belinda Carlisle thing either. 

Like I say, I'm a total novice when it comes to music like this. I find when I'm sitting around the house I listen to hip, rock, or pop, and only listen to more dance music when I'm cycling around and it's difficult to surf new stuff on SoundCloud when I'm commuting to work in rush hour, lol.

I don't know if they're looking to change SH and what it offers, it's been an area lacking the last few times I went, but from what people have said in here the majority seem quite happy with the line-up so far, which has definitely helped me pique or curate my own tastes!

8 hours ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Is SH a genuine late night/early morn alternative to the slog to the SE corner?  I always thought SH finished relatively early.  I have (unreliable) memories of walking from the old Blues Stage to SE corner to continue the night after SH had shut down.  The draw of the SE corner must have been strong considering I would have been camping in Pylon.

It depends how hard you wanna go as well. For me, if I get to go that is, I'll be camping in Bushy Ground, just west of SH, and the appeal of the SEC after 5 Glastos has waned a bit now. I doubt I'm gonna have the energy to go all night like I used to when I was 21 and if I can see some DJs until 2-3am, then quickly nip to the campsite without walking for an hour, I'll be happy with that.

There are other attractions than just the music though in the SEC. The whole build and features make it pretty spectacular, not sure if SH has the same set up, although I haven't been since 2017.

Just finding Helena Hauff....I seem to be massively loving her Electro sets but her Techno sets are a bit meh.

What does she usually play live? What are the chances of a electro set compared to techno. From my research seems to be one or t'other...

Edited by rgalbraith

38 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Just finding Helena Hauff....I seem to be massively loving her Electro sets but her Techno sets are a bit meh.

What does she usually play live? What are the chances of a electro set compared to techno. From my research seems to be one or t'other...

Completely agree her techno sets aren’t all that. I’ve seen her twice, once at dekmental and once at dimensions and both times were mainly electro tracks with the odd high energy techno track, which is lucky as they seem it be the best. 

Hopefully it’s an electro set at glasto!!!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 1:20 PM, BambooShanks said:

At first I was quite whelmed with the SH line up - though mainly because there were more names I didn't know than usual but have spent a little bit of time listening to some of the acts and there's plenty that tickles my pickle.

Folamour, Barry Can't Swim, Nia Archives and Franc Moody sound like they could be a lot of fun so hopefully I'll manage to catch them. 

Skream always brings the party so will make sure I'm there for that (clashes permitting) and DMX krew on the saturday afternoon will do nicely.

It'd be nice to spend a bit more time in Silver Hayes.  I don't think I've spent any significant amount of time there since they got rid of the Blues but am quite interested to see how the LSTD guys do with the area.

Franc Moody are brilliant live

5 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

She is, essentially, an electro DJ and, alongside the likes of DJ Stingray, one of the preeminent world DJs for that genre. She'll usually play mostly electro, unless at a full on techno event. I saw her play at the XXL Warehouse Project a couple of years ago and she played only techno until about 1h10m into her 2h set. It. Was. Blistering. I'm a huge fan of both genres, and her techno chops that night were soooo good. 

In summary: don't worry. 

See you dead centre, about 10-15 rows from the front. 

Ben 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

Saw her in Bristol a couple weeks ago and she chopped and changed between the two really, it was fully vinyl too which is always a bonus in my books.

Edited by selectedalbionworks
  • Like 1

One quick question, as a total novice, who entered SH one night back in 2010, at the outdoor stage CubeHenge, which I think is no longer there.

When the DJs come out, is it as part of one long transition or do they get a short intro or is there a short 5-minute break? Like are there two decks so they just go seamlessly into one another or does a compere introduce them quickly and then leave?

11 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

One quick question, as a total novice, who entered SH one night back in 2010, at the outdoor stage CubeHenge, which I think is no longer there.

When the DJs come out, is it as part of one long transition or do they get a short intro or is there a short 5-minute break? Like are there two decks so they just go seamlessly into one another or does a compere introduce them quickly and then leave?

Loved Cube Henge, great little stage. My fave there was The G Stage (RIP), saw some great sets there in 2007 and 2008.

To answer your question, there’ll be introductions and small gaps for all the live PAs at SH.

In terms of DJ sets it’ll mostly be smooth transitions but you might find some quick intros before sets, seems to be a little more popular to do that since the emergence of Boiler Room.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just looked at the Clashfinder and saw the Levels' times were there now. Total bloody catastrophe! Two of my faves from the SH poster - Folamour and Ewan McVicar - are during Fred Again.. and Hot Chip. My question is, where did these times and slots come from? Does Halvin have inside info or is it already widely known when and where they're playing?

At least Camelphat is at the end of the night, so I can still check him out if the times are all legit.

11 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just looked at the Clashfinder and saw the Levels' times were there now. Total bloody catastrophe! Two of my faves from the SH poster - Folamour and Ewan McVicar - are during Fred Again.. and Hot Chip. My question is, where did these times and slots come from? Does Halvin have inside info or is it already widely known when and where they're playing?

At least Camelphat is at the end of the night, so I can still check him out if the times are all legit.

Just go see folamour at shangri la

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Great upgrade.

I thought this was a great year for Silver Hayes. A fantastic improvement to the vibe of whole area and Layers is a particularly awesome new venue. 

The Levels is so much better than Sonic it's ridiculous. Far better vibe than Shangri La at Silver Hayes which was definitely not a true statement a decade ago.

1 minute ago, Nduja said:

The Levels is so much better than Sonic it's ridiculous. Far better vibe than Shangri La at Silver Hayes which was definitely not a true statement a decade ago.

Agree.

With Greenpeace tree area having a great vibe too our group preferred mixing Glade/ greenpeace and silver hayes over SE. We've all had enough of SE.