Avalon 2023

stuie

I'm confused. Why is everybody recommending we engage in casual sexual congress with a political party, or their voters (I can'twlrk out which), via the medium of song? Are we no longer to have dalliances with Labour after some light hearted flirting and a few drinks? Is it now frowned upon to spoon a Lib Dem? What can we do with the Greens? Surely we can still hold hands?

I feel like the world is changing around me and I'm powerless to stop it. 

• Like 1

Beans, Hobo Jones, Cable Street Collective, Holy Moly, Neville Staple, LotteryWinners, Fanny Lumsden etc                                                                                                       Good times to be had in the Avalon this year, (and a great bar)!

10 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

This looks great. Not sure I'd go out my way to see them, but if I was passing by, it'd be a wonderful pick me up.

They're really great fun, worth going out of your way for.

53 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare2 said:

Likely to pop up elsewhere - they were great on the Greenpeace stage after Lizzo a couple of years ago

i saw that they were fabulous. 🙂 

Hey,@Neil. I was doing a thing with the lineup and used your page as a start to save typing it out from scratch, noticed a few were missing. Might be due to your method or other reasoning but thought I'd raise just in case they were missed. It must be such a tedious job each year?

Cable Street Collective, The Damned and Freya Ridings seem to be missing and Far From Saints need updating to Confirmed and against Avalon. 

30 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Hey,@Neil. I was doing a thing with the lineup and used your page as a start to save typing it out from scratch, noticed a few were missing. Might be due to your method or other reasoning but thought I'd raise just in case they were missed. It must be such a tedious job each year?

Cable Street Collective, The Damned and Freya Ridings seem to be missing and Far From Saints need updating to Confirmed and against Avalon. 

thanks, i know i missed the damned and added that later on. i might have missed other things too.

34 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

ive, The Damned and Freya Ridings seem to be missing and Far From Saints need updating to Confirmed and against Avalon. 

THANKS, ADDED NOW.

Great thing about the Avalon is the discovery of acts you’ve maybe not heard of. There was a few acts I had hoped to see on the poster that didn’t appear but when I looked through the line up and had a look at the acts announced I found four that I hadn’t encountered before that I’d love to see, as well as a few old favourites.  Of course the clashes havnt really started yet.  I suppose this could apply to other stages but Avalon always seems to deliver. 

44 minutes ago, theglastokid said:

Jake Shears is 8pm Saturday and Mel C said she’s Saturday night so I would presume headliner? Both Twitter confirmations if you want to update the lists?

Is Mel C big enough to headline, I know she sings a couple of Spice Girls songs in her set but only 2 out of 14 according to her average setlist and her other stuff isn't very well-known. Maybe that song she did with Bryan Adams?

Unless she's been asked to do more Spice Girls' songs...

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is Mel C big enough to headline, I know she sings a couple of Spice Girls songs in her set but only 2 out of 14 according to her average setlist and her other stuff isn't very well-known. Maybe that song she did with Bryan Adams?

Unless she's been asked to do more Spice Girls' songs...

yep itll be packed .... just like her williams green announced to be a DJ set ... although that was a Thursday ... but I think Avalon is probably smaller 

9 hours ago, theglastokid said:

Jake Shears is 8pm Saturday and Mel C said she’s Saturday night so I would presume headliner? Both Twitter confirmations if you want to update the lists?

Vintage Trouble are playing Saturday according to their website, and headlined last time they played, so I'd put money on them headlining again ahead of Mel C - remembering that the Avalon Stage has a slightly later finish than the biggest stages, and so Jake Shears would be 3rd from top:

Jake Shears 8pm-9pm

Mel C 9:30pm-10:30pm

Vintage Trouble 11pm-12:15am

Assuming all the days are correct, then that seems like the likely scenario. While the Avalon Stage does often like to throw slightly out of place old school pop acts in there, they never have them headline even when (as we saw last year) they're probably too big for the slot.

nobody of interest really for me on there - Damned, Jake Shears, Neville Staple, Will Young would prob have a look at if i happened to be passing.

Avalon is probably my favorite area of the festival, along with the Summerhouse field, i can happily sit at the Avalon Inn all day and watch the world go by, whoever happens to be playing just provides the background music. 

Edited by -TLR-
cant spell Neville

25 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Disappointed Vintage Trouble are Saturday night, they are a great live act but I'll obviously choose GnR over them. I think the last time they did Avalon they were up against the Stones.

That is genuinely a tricky one now.  Get the feeling VT would be amazing fun in an enclosed stage like Avalon.  I think GnR is going to be one of those ones where I'm undecided right up to the last minute.