Avalon 2023

stuie

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I very much doubt it

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I think you'd be surprised..

I was kind of joking, but Tories are a dying breed these days. 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No Gaz Brookfield , expected him on Avalon, maybe Left Field then?

I think rumour was Avalon on Sunday - I'm assuming Avalon Cafe now - would be nice if he was on Left Field too.  If the Sunday bit is correct he could have a very quiet time on Sunday evening in the Cafe...

6 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I think rumour was Avalon on Sunday - I'm assuming Avalon Cafe now - would be nice if he was on Left Field too.  If the Sunday bit is correct he could have a very quiet time on Sunday evening in the Cafe...

Yes, he deserves a decent audience. Left field and an appearance on Strummerville, that would be nice. 

7 minutes ago, p.pete said:

The cafe is no longer, or at least it wasn’t last year: https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonburys-avalon-caf-no-longer-7192044.amp

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Oh wow - I think I had heard that, but wasn't there last year and must have dropped out of my head 🙂  Lovely place to sit with table and chairs, rubbish place to try to watch anything.  No ideas on Gaz then...

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Reckon there’s one in between them. Surely Mel C ends the night 

8 -9 jake ...... would they get another in before ? I  guess the gaps are smaller there ? matters not ill grab a pint in Avalon inn if its someone im not so keen on 

Edited by Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

8 -9 jake ...... would they get another in before ? I  guess the gaps are smaller there ? matters not ill grab a pint in Avalon inn if its someone im not so keen on 

Last year there were 2 after the 8pm (well was 8.05 spot).

I suppose they may want her clashing with headers though rather than finishing after they finish for a big rush 

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Can’t understand why she isn’t a massive star by now.

She looked set to be one early in her career, but for whatever reason (possibly the long-ish wait between album #1 and 2 and then even moreso between #2 and 3) she dropped off, which is a shame because yeah, that latest album was ace and really felt like the type of shit lots of people should love, but nobody heard it. 

Very Avalon lineup, might try and catch Mel C and/or Jake Shears clash dependant, not surprised at all at the lack of a McFly sort act with how crazy busy that set was last year, still sure it'll be a great area again this year just to have a bit of a chill, a pint and listen to some music.

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yep - great live act.  As are Lottery Winners.  Elvana are cracking fun too (seeing them tonight).  I'd also be intrigued by Jake Shears, Mica Paris and Far From Saints.  Pretty decent line up I reckon that.

add Holy Moly and the Crackers to that list of great live acts (as well as Vintage Trouble as previously mentioned) and I agree that there is plenty there to enjoy..

btw, I thought the Silver Hayes announcement was a big bag o' shite.. but i didnt feel the need to go piss on their fireworks