Booked coach tickets but could miss coach

richtotheskies

Hi guys, just wondering what will happen if I miss the coach and don't get my tickets. My work are being difficult and are saying I might have to work Thursday so I'd miss the coach. Can you pick up tickets anywhere if you do happen to miss it. Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find anything. Thanks 

Just now, sedra said:

Tickets not collected on coach are usually left at Box Office by gate A but you might need to show good reason why you missed it. 

It's probably important to note that's not guaranteed by any stretch - while it's happened in past years, it's not an official offering (and technically does breach the licence) - so is subject to change without any notice and even then does rely on the driver remembering to hand over the tickets to the box office and not just driving off with them still tucked in the glovebox.

• Upvote 1

I’d get in touch with See Tickets, explain the situation and tell them you’re still committed to a green approach by getting a coach to the festival on the Friday.

They can be reasonable in certain situations.

In 2019 my sister got coach tickets for my nephew who would have been 14 at the 2020 festival. 

As it was cancelled for 2 years he was 16 in 2022 and was sitting his GCSEs when the festival was on last year.

She spoke to see tickets, they asked for evidence ( his exam table) and finally agreed to transfer his ticket to a main admission ticket.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, sedra said:

Tickets not collected on coach are usually left at Box Office by gate A but you might need to show good reason why you missed it. 

Thank you for the advice everyone! 😊 I'll have a word with seetickets and see if anything can be done. I don't know if this is replying to everyone because I don't use this much but thank you for all responses 😁

3 hours ago, JB3 said:

I’d get in touch with See Tickets, explain the situation and tell them you’re still committed to a green approach by getting a coach to the festival on the Friday.

They can be reasonable in certain situations.

In 2019 my sister got coach tickets for my nephew who would have been 14 at the 2020 festival. 

As it was cancelled for 2 years he was 16 in 2022 and was sitting his GCSEs when the festival was on last year.

She spoke to see tickets, they asked for evidence ( his exam table) and finally agreed to transfer his ticket to a main admission ticket.

Never heard of this working, never knew it was possible!

Coach driver told us tickets that were not picked up in the coach would be left in the box office. This was in last year. 

Absolutely this, though. 

On 4/16/2023 at 9:16 AM, incident said:

It's probably important to note that's not guaranteed by any stretch - while it's happened in past years, it's not an official offering (and technically does breach the licence) - so is subject to change without any notice and even then does rely on the driver remembering to hand over the tickets to the box office and not just driving off with them still tucked in the glovebox.

Edited by Calvin Klein

3 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Last year for the first time the tickets were handed out as we got to the site on our bus from Liverpool indicating all tickets are on site. Somebody who was not on the coach met us and shouted out names. 

That only happened from a small number of departure points, and allegedly was because they struggled to get deals done with coach companies.

Wouldn't expect it to be common going forward.

• Like 1