Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

19 minutes ago, hurdy said:

This is going to be new music isn't it? Before it's played for the first time in Brid? 

I think it’s more likely to be their involvement in Glastonbury. Fingers crossed. 

I don’t think I remember bands releasing new music at specific times, during the day, do they?  They normally get released at midnight, more often on a Friday, to maximise their chart potential, don’t they?

12 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

I think it’s more likely to be their involvement in Glastonbury. Fingers crossed. 

I don’t think I remember bands releasing new music at specific times, during the day, do they?  They normally get released at midnight, more often on a Friday, to maximise their chart potential, don’t they?

You are correct 10am Friday is a weird time based on the way the charts work these days (based on previous reading) and presumably even Pulp care about maximising their income!

41 minutes ago, hurdy said:

This is going to be new music isn't it? Before it's played for the first time in Brid? 

Whatever it is, the fact that it's the morning of their first concert in over 10 years is likely to be more relevant than the fact that it's a few days before the expected Glastonbury announcement.

• Upvote 1

Also, does that wrap up all of the alleged shows that Pulp had coming? Can’t remember where the info came from but we were expecting two more since the initial run was announced, right?

edit: oh wait there’s two dates for London, so kind of makes that info null and void. Carry on. 

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Also, does that wrap up all of the alleged shows that Pulp had coming? Can’t remember where the info came from but we were expecting two more since the initial run was announced, right?

I was thinking that, but this is 3 dates so maybe not?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

If you treat that info with any credibility*, then we've now exceeded the number given.

*I never did, because it said one of the shows to be announced was Eden Project which was never going to happen as that's an AEG affair and all of the other Pulp shows and Festivals are LN/SJM promoted.

1 minute ago, incident said:

If you treat that info with any credibility*, then we've now exceeded the number given.

*I never did, because it said one of the shows to be announced was Eden Project which was never going to happen as that's an AEG affair and all of the other Pulp shows and Festivals are LN/SJM promoted.

The Eden Project thing was always bullshit. Source: I made it up.

It would be cool though.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

I had the original info , and I never said any venues at all.

The info I had came from actual Jarvis direct , so it was reasonably genuine. . 

15 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I think this is the Pulp dream over unfortunately 

My view is that he was told they were playing Glasto, dropped a cryptic post alluding to it and is using this very minor announcement today as a fall back for that. They'll be on the line up Tuesday or I'll buy you a pint of cider.