woodsies

Crazyfool01

more and more thinking they've pulled it out the bag with woodsies. Last year I only watched Self Esteem there, but this year there I can see myself spending a lot of time in the tent. beyond the obvious I'm hoping I get the chance to catch murder capital and wunderhorse - fantastic low key additions

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Lots of issues with that plan 😄  - Young Fathers the priority, the horse I'm backing in terms of making sure I give proper time to enjoy the full set.  After that, looks like Acoustic headliners are on a bit earlier (proximity to family camping? / Pyramid traffic?) so I would miss the start of Saw Doctors, but not far from WH to Acoustic and reckon they'd be good fun and easy enough to enjoy without being there from the start.  Or skip Saw Doctors and go to see HC - that's definitely quite a trek.  Probably talking myself out of HC and I think I need a full lineup 🙂 

I despise the Young Fathers/Fred Again.. clash, it's really irritating. They would both be on a must see list and they're up against each other. I think I've fairly decided I'll be at Fred tho and then dance my way over to HC without a rush.

Acoustic does seem to finish at around 11, so if the ClashGods were kind, you could make it work, without any breaks, rest time etc. I don't know if I'd have it in me. Esp as you have to navigate either the Other or the Pyramid crowds...

I need a sit down after bopping for an hour, a Cube Libre perhaps, and a visit to the long drops, lol 😅

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Never tried it... Where is it?

To be honest I can count on one hand the amount of times ive been anywhere near the John Peel. 

The changes sound interesting though and will definitely be checking it out. 

It’s called the Fox and Badger I think. In JP crew camping. Nice beers and some music at times

18 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

Worried that Caroline Polachek will be clashing with The War on Drugs, would be a cruel clash

My brain can't cope with retaining any more information - are The War on Drugs definitely playing?  They're not on the rumours list, mind you neither is Caroline Polachek and she's definitely been announced.  What day is she thought to be playing?

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

My brain can't cope with retaining any more information - are The War on Drugs definitely playing?  They're not on the rumours list, mind you neither is Caroline Polachek and she's definitely been announced.  What day is she thought to be playing?

Going by the poster, it looks like she's playing second down from the top on the Sunday. The War on Drugs are most likely going to be playing second down from the top on the Sunday on the Other Stage. If that's the case, then both sets will overlap each other. Hopefully, I'm wrong. And if so, it would be possible to watch a bit of both given how close the stages are.

Edited by downtherabbithole

2 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

Going by the poster, it looks like she's playing second down from the top on the Sunday. The War on Drugs are most likely going to be playing second down from the top on the Sunday on the Other Stage. If that's the case, then both sets will overlap each other.

Rina & Caroline could each be Sat or Sun - clashfinder (yes, just guesswork) has penciled in Warpaint as the Friday sub but there seems to be general uncertainty about the day/order of the rest of that poster.  Good chance of Elton turning up at Rina's performance or her at his (more likely?) - but maybe more chance of that happening if she's Sunday.  Which would make Caroline Saturday...  

14 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

They're on the main poster.....

2 hours ago, goonerben said:

Woodsies looks to NOT be a Fri/Sat/Sun order on the poster - at least not below the top line!

I was thinking that, glad to know I’m not wrong.

12 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

WOD we’re on the first announcement they can only play the Sunday according to their other dates I think so the general wisdom is sun on other

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Rina & Caroline could each be Sat or Sun - clashfinder (yes, just guesswork) has penciled in Warpaint as the Friday sub but there seems to be general uncertainty about the day/order of the rest of that poster.  Good chance of Elton turning up at Rina's performance or her at his (more likely?) - but maybe more chance of that happening if she's Sunday.  Which would make Caroline Saturday...  

Warpaint can either do Friday or Sunday I think but they are in Belgium the Saturday and then Switzerland the Monday and are in the UK before G so I’d suggest the Friday as extremely likely

22 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I despise the Young Fathers/Fred Again.. clash, it's really irritating. They would both be on a must see list and they're up against each other. I think I've fairly decided I'll be at Fred tho and then dance my way over to HC without a rush.

Acoustic does seem to finish at around 11, so if the ClashGods were kind, you could make it work, without any breaks, rest time etc. I don't know if I'd have it in me. Esp as you have to navigate either the Other or the Pyramid crowds...

I need a sit down after bopping for an hour, a Cube Libre perhaps, and a visit to the long drops, lol 😅

I'm not going to make that work! - Fred Again -> Hot Chip looks a great plan though

Feeling like Woodsies might be Saturday evening, Caroline -> Chris would be great, or if that's not how it lines up then first hour of GnR first (and get stuck there if they win us over / Axl's voice isn't too grating).  Don't like to make life too easy 😛 

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

They're on the main poster.....

Ssh - I'm meant to be working so just had a look at the rumours page on here and I couldn't see them.  I thought they were though hence my confusion.  

Oh just realised they are under T for The rather than W for War.  Doh!

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

I'm not going to make that work! - Fred Again -> Hot Chip looks a great plan though

Feeling like Woodsies might be Saturday evening, Caroline -> Chris would be great, or if that's not how it lines up then first hour of GnR first (and get stuck there if they win us over / Axl's voice isn't too grating).  Don't like to make life too easy 😛 

Oh I know that feeling. I'll already planned my days out, tweaked them a couple of times, and then when I actually get to the farm it'll all go to shit anyway, haha.

I'll prob be one of the least exciting people on Sat night and stick to the Lizzo into GnR run on the Pyramid. It's either gonna be the biggest crowd turnover in Glasto history or it'll go from 80k for Lizzo to about 40k for Axl and the lads.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Oh I know that feeling. I'll already planned my days out, tweaked them a couple of times, and then when I actually get to the farm it'll all go to shit anyway, haha.

I'll prob be one of the least exciting people on Sat night and stick to the Lizzo into GnR run on the Pyramid. It's either gonna be the biggest crowd turnover in Glasto history or it'll go from 80k for Lizzo to about 40k for Axl and the lads.

So you’re doing Fred and HV Friday? Then Lizzo and GNR Saturday? 

Same as us! 

10 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So you’re doing Fred and HV Friday? Then Lizzo and GNR Saturday? 

Same as us! 

That's right! In theory at least anyway. I'm 90% certain of Fred into HC. Wanted to check out HC for aaages but always been taken away by other clashes. Fairly certain to be at Lizzo if there's nothing else I fancy, and 100% at GnR.

Are you gonna be at the unofficial meet on Wed evening? We can chat about how cool we are and our decisions then 😅