Best advice for a newbie

Bestival-weather

23 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

Set your lockscreen background to a screenshot of a written text stating the numbers of two friends at the festival who they can contact in the event of a lost phone.

Read all these posts looking for new wisdom and it's all stuff I've seen/ thought of before, but this is a new one on me, and a great idea. Well done!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I've got into a "bad" habit (depending on one's opinion) of taking very few photos, due to the fact that it's all too familiar.

When I do take photos I use a real camera.

Something else for me to lose 😄

It's great being in the moment and not worrying about taking shots, but it does mean that loads of memories are lost. Going to try for more this year

1 hour ago, Mark it Zero! said:

Read all these posts looking for new wisdom and it's all stuff I've seen/ thought of before, but this is a new one on me, and a great idea. Well done!

Been said elsewhere but I also include my address in the back of the phone case along with some cash to cover cost of postage and a pint for the finder

1 hour ago, Mark it Zero! said:

Most phones have the ability to put a message on the locked screen for years (I think I got the idea on here) mine reads "ICE call (wife's name) (phone number)"

Don't fret about: which car park, which Pedestrian gate, how far it is to the campsite, how long the queues are, where the nearest compost loos are (longdrops are fine) etc, etc

It's a fun weekend with many surprises, it doesn't require military level planning.

Everything you need is there, and most things you want.

Whatever happened to just turning up with a sleeping bag, a tent and a few quid?

Edited by Skip997
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Don't fret about: which car park, which Pedestrian gate, how far it is to the campsite, how long the queues are, where the nearest compost loos are (longdrops are fine) etc, etc

It's a fun weekend with many surprises, it doesn't require military level planning.

Everything you need is there, and most things you want.

Whatever happened to just turning up with a sleeping bag, a tent and a few quid?

Good advice which I need to take.....I turn up like a doomsday prepper with enough food and clothes to last a year 😂

Edited by gazzared