The churnups

a6l6e6x

54 minutes ago, Barneym said:

We were 99% sure it was the Killers a day before hence getting there 90 mins before they were due to start. I can’t remember how we knew but I don’t look at twitter during the festival, it just seemed to be common knowledge by that point. Same with the Libertines in whatever year that was (14?) I don’t think many people were actually surprised when that stated. We will know for sure on the day if not long before 

I can't remember how or why it was the case, but that Killers set was a completely open secret on my volunteering coach down on the Tuesday

25 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Either way, likely the stuff of legend. Have we ever had a secret slot in such a prominent position, late-breaking replacements notwithstanding?

Libertines subbed Florence in 2015 which I think was kept pretty quiet until the day 🤔

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

If Pulp aren’t The Churnups then I don’t think they’re gonna be playing at all. We know the Saturday Woodsies TBA is Hozier, we’ve been told the Friday Woodsies TBA is a smaller act and I can’t imagine they’re gonna do the Park again. It’s the Pyramid or not at all.

How do you know it’s hozier? Is this definite 100% ?

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Praying it's The 1975 now, partially because they're one of my favourite bands but also because the reactions here would be too funny. They seem to boil piss around these parts more than any other act. 

Presumably you’ve not seen Noel Gallagher’s recent interviews regarding The 1975? 

Can’t see it being them. Hope it isn’t. If it is, hope he doesn’t go off snogging people in the front row.

53 minutes ago, gfa said:

Based on the past they don't turn up!

Which could be the joke. That this time they do turn up! I don't think it's them though. I keep thinking it's Pulp. But I'll be happy if it's Foo Fighters, RHCP's, Blur, whoever. It's a fun mystery. Glad it doesn't clash with anything for me. 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly sure The Killers were confirmed in a number of places - everyone on here knew.

Wasn’t it the killers where one of the official merch stalls started selling Killers merch in the morning? I seem to recall some hints in the GFP too, references to song titles or something?

They were up against Barry Gibb on pyramid so there was competition, and they closed the area super early. 

39 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Been gone all weekend. Loved catching up on this thread last night before bed and how the pendulum has swung from Pulp to Foos to 1975 to Chili Peppers to some kinda supergroup.

Just goes to show there's plenty of life in a secret set on a big stage still too.

plenty of copium more like, clearly foos

17 minutes ago, DYRTFT said:

Let’s be honest, Glastonbury is on a bloody dairy farm. They churn milk/cream to make butter and cheese. It’s just a silly name and has no direct link to the act who will play! 

Also, it’s Pulp 😁

This! Anyone looking into dictionary definitions of the word ‘Churn’ is assuming the person who came up with the name did the same and didn’t pluck it out of their bott bott.