The churnups

a6l6e6x

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He guested twice in 2019 - Stormzy and Kylie - and they also did Live at Worthy Farm. And he went viral last year playing songs in a nearby pub after going as a punter.

Yup got my times confused. Thought he did it once in 17 once in 19 not twice in 19. My bad. The pub thing has very little on it though. 

15 minutes ago, briddj said:

And the devisive AM sold out a country-wide stadium tour in seconds. 

Along with every single AM fan having a love for the 2013 performance. There will be a lot of people who weren't there for it who've seen it online and want to try and relive that. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I really dunno.

AM are divisive - they're notoriously ropey live and plenty of people actually have first hand experience of seeing them and it being a bummer. And the last two albums have flatlined outside of their fanbase. 

Whereas Lizzo is a guaranteed good time and will attract a lot more people out of goodwill and curiosity.  Given her presence in all the adverts at this point she's practically the face of the festival.

Lizzo is perfect feelgood festival fare! The field will be rammed will be rammed with happy people dancing and singing. Hard to imagine AM bringing the party 

1 minute ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Lizzo is perfect feelgood festival fare! The field will be rammed will be rammed with happy people dancing and singing. Hard to imagine AM bringing the party 

There's no real connection between the two, and who will turn up. But one act is most definitely far more popular!

I honestly don't know where I stand with The Churnups (presumably) being the Foo Fighters. My plan was to watch most of the Courteeners (I know it's not for everyone, but clashes have meant I've skipped them every other time they've played) followed by Joey Bada$$. Going to the Foo Fighters would mean missing both. I would guess that I'll have other opportunities to see the Courteeners play, which is why I have always skipped them before, but rappers like Joey Bada$$ tend not to do Glastonbury more than once.

On the other hand, I do like the Foos and there's definitely a possibility that a mid-card appearance will be a once in a lifetime performance in a different way. Maybe some guest stars, maybe some unique covers, maybe the only time they have this particular lineup.

As is often the way with clashes, I almost wish Glastonbury's lineup was less strong so that there were fewer choices like this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Zoe Ball just read out the Dave letter on her show,  mentioning the ‘mysterious’ churn ups playing the festival, more or less confirming the Foos. of course she could be part of an elaborate hoax😉😊

Yes she says “if that’s not a massive clue I don’t know what is”. Got to be the Foos. It’s at 7:12am if anyone wants to listen on BBC Sounds 

Zoe now playing a Foos song, which she introduced as "Oo, is it the Churnups?"

She has got stuff wrong before, just going along with speculation, so it doesn't guarantee anything but she has dropped substantial hints about stuff in the past.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

She has got stuff wrong before, just going along with speculation, so it doesn't guarantee anything but she has dropped substantial hints about stuff in the past.

Doesn't she follow most Glastonbury fan social media accounts?  She's probably picked it up from you.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I think Dave's letter has pretty much put any speculation to bed

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I think Dave's letter has pretty much put any speculation to bed

Yeah.

It'd be a mind blowing coincidence if he somehow included that slightly awkward turn of phrase without it being a direct reference/hint.

The idea that he's trolling, especially in an emotional letter like that, when his own fans would be the ones most disappointed is even more far fetched.

Not only will it be Foo Fighters, but the cat really is out the bag so I think it will be rammed. Essentially a headline act with very little opposite to draw people away.

I really want to see Chvrches, but can see it being a pretty standard gig by their standards (still high) but the Foos for a few reasons will be something quite special, moreso than when they headlined. I'm torn. Myabe the thought of the huge crowds will keep me away from the Pyramid

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Not only will it be Foo Fighters, but the cat really is out the bag so I think it will be rammed. Essentially a headline act with very little opposite to draw people away.

I really want to see Chvrches, but can see it being a pretty standard gig by their standards (still high) but the Foos for a few reasons will be something quite special, moreso than when they headlined. I'm torn. Myabe the thought of the huge crowds will keep me away from the Pyramid

Chvrches might be nice and quiet (if you like avoiding crowds).  They were quite busy when they last played the Other Stage.

Unfortunately I don't really any like any of their last couple of albums. They seem to have lost that exciting electro edge, and started churning (ha) out dull slightly boring pop music.

Edited by uscore

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m almost certain ‘AM are crap live’ isn’t a widely known or thought of thing outside of places like these forums. True or not, I’m fairly certain most casual fans would assume that they’re actually incredible and are gonna tear the place down.

I’ve always been a massive, and I’ve only seen them once - at Reading ‘14.

I saw them in Bristol last week and although I was excited for the show, I was skeptical as to how they’d perform, mainly due to people online criticising their enthusiasm and latest 2 albums (which I don’t actually mind).

I can honestly say it was one of the best gigs I’ve been to in years, the energy they gave off and the performance they put in was sensational, they are back to their best in my opinion (if they even were underwhelming in the first place).

I’m even more buzzing than I was before now to see them headline the Pyramid on the Friday.

f**k it I’m in for Foo’s.

Been listening to them all morning and whilst they’ll never be my fave band, a “secret set” full of their hits will be a very good 75 minutes. 

There’s no better place to watch music than The Pyramid field, vibes for a band that big in a lower down slot will be off the hook.

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

f**k it I’m in for Foo’s.

Been listening to them all morning and whilst they’ll never be my fave band, a “secret set” full of their hits will be a very good 75 minutes. 

There’s no better place to watch music than The Pyramid field, vibes for a band that big in a lower down slot will be off the hook.

Me too!! The more I listen, the more I'm really super excited!!!

1 minute ago, donshakey said:

Could they theoretically do more than the 75 minutes they've been assigned on the line up? Royal Blood don't have a massive stage set up (only 2 of them!) so it plausible?

Nah that’s not really how this works. If they wanted longer they would’ve asked and been given a longer slot. They can’t just keep playing with the assumption Royal Blood’s team have got f**k all to set up.