The churnups

a6l6e6x

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm annoyed at the hypothetical situation which is I think Slowthai would've been after Chvrches but now they've been bumped up it's clash central. The (allegedly?) rapey/noncey c**t.

Slowthai was playing the Sunday opposite Cat Stevens in the slot now occupied by the Teskey Brothers according to the Sunday Other Stage leak we got a few months back. 

38 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Wouldn't rule out a Brian Johnson appearance after last night's development...

I’d simultaneously sh*t and piss myself if him and Angus walked out for a track, most likely Rosie.

would really be an epic moment on el Pointo.

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Also, surely anything higher than pre-sub doesn't really fit with the 'spirit' of the secret set. The whole point of one of the models of SSs is an artist/band playing 'out of position' - e.g. Killers in JPT. 

Of course, FFs are only a headliner atm if scheduled, but sub would feel 'wrong' to me for them as a secret set. 

Ben

I think Ben has hit the nail right on the head here

Edited by donthaveacoolname

9 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Yeah, is it just gonna be the Foos? Or the Foos and friends?

I mean, maybe they’ll bring on a guest or two which can never be ruled out at Glastonbury, but I imagine it’s mostly gonna be a standard Foos set going through the bangers, not a rotating door of guest vocalists or musicians etc. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, maybe they’ll bring on a guest or two which can never be ruled out at Glastonbury, but I imagine it’s mostly gonna be a standard Foos set going through the bangers, not a rotating door of guest vocalists or musicians etc. 

I was about to ask “But what’ll make it different to the 2017 headline set?” The answer is probably “two songs from the new album.”

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Brian Johnson (or Angus, but no evidence he is about) is different league though.

6 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

they’ve had three albums since then

Yeah but two of those are absolute stinkers and nobody wants to hear anything from them, so them being forgotten about when it comes to the already pushed for time Glastonbury set is the perfect scenario. 

28 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Maybe it’ll be a misjudged ‘Album in full then Everlong at the end’ set 🫣

I finished up going to Chvrches at Barrowlands last night so I’m now going to see the Foos at Glastonbury but I can definitely see this happening. Doing a secret set takes away the expectations that come with headlining so it could be something to push their new stuff.

Said it before but I really doubt they’ll do the new album in full, not least because of its heavy subject matter at times and the last track especially seeming like something that probably isn’t ever gonna get aired live. Maybe they’ll do a fair few songs from it, but even as an unadvertised set, I’m sure they’re gonna bring the hits for the most part.