Overcrowding Predictions

gordong

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

So, surge from Churnups/Foos to Other for Fred back to Pyramid for Arctics?

It's gonna be proper f**ked.

I’ll be dancing away to Folamour in acres of space by the sound of it, then an easy walk to Fred from Silver Hayes.

23 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ll be dancing away to Folamour in acres of space by the sound of it, then an easy walk to Fred from Silver Hayes.

That's now probably my plan, making sure I leave early enough before Foos finish so I get a primo spot for Fred. If I balls it up somehow and Fred gets busy before I arrive, I'll likely just turn back to Levels and party there until it's time for Hot Chip.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's now probably my plan, making sure I leave early enough before Foos finish so I get a primo spot for Fred. If balls it up somehow and Fred gets busy before I arrive, I'll likely just turn back to Levels and party there until it's time for Hot Chip.

Haven't figured out the early part of Friday, but my current thinking is.....

Jayda G > Folamour > Fred > Hot Chip > DJ Boring > HAAI > Yung Singh

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Haven't figured out the early part of Friday, but my current thinking is.....

Jayda G > Folamour > Fred > Hot Chip > DJ Boring > HAAI > Yung Singh

I'm more or less there for Folamour > Fred > Hot Chip, but then after that I'm a bit undecided. Four Tet is likely to be chocca, but I quite like the look of Blessed Madonna > Empire State Bastard > Yung Singh.

Depends how long I last though if I've been dancing since 6pm, haha.

On 6/4/2023 at 12:17 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

A random one but lots of people talking about Guilty pleasures in the park on Thursday. Making me want to avoid it at all costs. It seems no one has thought about the cheesy disco crowd from Williams Green and so now that one single hour in the rabbit hole which is VERY small is going to rammo! With everyone all in one go...

100% I think they completely underestimate the numbers of people who want cheesy singalongs after hours. However, Sensation Seekers have picked up a bit of the slack with Old Dirty Brasstards and the glorious return of Wheel of Four Tunes after a 5 year absence. If you want pure, unpretentious, singalong fun then WO4T on Sensation Seekers on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night after hours is where you need to be! 

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2023 at 1:08 PM, drunk pumpkin said:

Rolling Stones crowd was dangerously over crowded where I was. 

It got so bad about halfway that we bailed just to get out and have a little space. This was on the wateraid side and every possible path leading out was insanely rammed right up to and past the cider bus. 

It was as if everyone was either in the field or going there.

Crazy!

I left after an hour as I was desperate for the loo. It was OK space wise where we were at the top of the hill but the back path towards Mandela felt dangerous due to the sheer numbers of people still trying to get into the field with large numbers of people trying to get out (and I'm speaking as a seasoned Glasto goer, and festivals in general and I have no issues with large crowds) 

Took me about 40 mins to get out of the field with everyone packed in so tightly with various lanes of pedestrian traffic pushing against each other. All it would have taken was one impatient drunken dickhead to start pushing and it would have ended really badly. Thankfully that never happened I made it out without pissing myself!  I knew that I'd never get back in and find my mates, so cut my losses and went and found my other friends who were at Chase and Status. A choice I never thought I would make pre-festival. 

16 hours ago, Tom White said:

As much as I really want to see Thread again - it's going to be like Calvin Harris at Arcadia last year, where I got there in good time and then the crowds kept arriving....more and more and I got scared and had to leave 👴😁

They added another row of speakers last year, i think you will be all good honestly - the field is ready for it.

lots of people are excited on here but theres a lot of people who won't know him as he's so new and live under a rock / don't want to see a dance act at 8.30pm

Royal Blood are big opposition!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

They added another row of speakers last year, i think you will be all good honestly - the field is ready for it.

Dont think I visted Arcadia last year but I alway had problems with the poor sound quality unless you're under the spider - thats good news.

53 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Dont think I visted Arcadia last year but I alway had problems with the poor sound quality unless you're under the spider - thats good news.

I was talking about Other for Fred, sorry

Arcadia still shite