Quarantine time

___DGH___

17 minutes ago, ___DGH___ said:

That’s me working from home till festival time.  Doing everything possible to avoid any Covid, Cold or Flu. No pub or anything. Anyone else? Bit extreme?

I think you might be asking for the biggest case of post-festival flu

i went and got another vaccine booster on saturday.  (5th one overall, plus i've had it twice).  Last vax was in October.  Dr said it was ok, and so I figured it'd coudn't hurt. Plus, I still mask on public transport. 

I have too many things going on between now and glasto to stay in. 

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I have young children...immune system of steel!! 💪🏼

I work in a 250 bed youth hostel that has about 8 schools staying with us between now and when I finish for Glastonbury. I used to think I had an immune system of steel until I worked here. Never had a sick day until I started here and now, blooming loads of em. Not much I can do about quarantining myself unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, Olshansky said:

i went and got another vaccine booster on saturday.  (5th one overall, plus i've had it twice).  Last vax was in October.  Dr said it was ok, and so I figured it'd coudn't hurt. Plus, I still mask on public transport. 

I have too many things going on between now and glasto to stay in. 

Jesus are you serious?

There no longer any sound medical reason for people to be vaccinating. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

Just now, chestwig said:

Jesus are you serious?

not the time or the place .... we've had these discussions umpteen times already . people have made decisions based on needs ... better to leave it at that surely now !!!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Jesus are you serious?

Unless you have a weakened immune system, then yes, that's right. 

I have had covid within the last month, so I'm hoping that will be enough to have me covered for the fest - although a friend did helpfully remind me that he once caught it twice within a month, but not much I can really do about that. I work with children and teenagers and they're constantly coming in for appointments with all manner of illnesses - all I can do is stay home the rest of the time, ingest as many vitamins as I can, and  hope for the best!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Unless you have a weakened immune system, then yes, that's right. 

No harm in it either though, if people want to.

I doubt even the conspiracy theorists can justify how having 5 doses of the vaccine is more dangerous than having 4.

I don't think the original post is really about COVID though. It's about not wanting a stinking cold at Glastonbury. Which I emphasise with, if you've been lucky enough to never have that happen, then you probably don't realise what a dampner on the weekend it can be. 

I've just got over a horrid one so feeling like I'll probably be okay now...

• Like 1

Sorry guys, was just a throw away comment, I tend to pick up everything and anything that is going around and as it’s my first Glastonbury want to steer clear! It wasn’t meant to be about Covid or vaccines or anything like that. People have to do what’s right for them. Anyhoo, 15 days to go!

37 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've got a slight cold now, glad to be getting it out the way 2 weeks before! 

Also going to a wedding the Saturday before so no chance of the usual where I do try to spend the weekend before not doing much! Fair to say I was very relieved when the wedding fell that weekend and not a week later...

yeah i was horrendous last week - should be good now

8 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I have young children...immune system of steel!! 💪🏼

This.  I have 4 all at school (9, 12, 13 & 16) so am bombarded with germs constantly.  My immunity is nails.

6 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Does COVID still exist 

would you test if you got a sniffle, or sore throat?

No, but only because they're not free... If the gov / NHS deemed it to be enough of a threat to provide the tests on the NHS then I'd test.

• Upvote 1