BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

2 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Just those guys talking about Glastonbury at nighttime made me super emotional

I missed the start of that (have started the wine now). Did it say where that was filmed? I'm guessing Green Fields or Sacred Space.

Well that was rather an empty field tonight. Or was I that guy shouting into the ether and dancing like a loon on his own that people were avoiding?

Nice to meet you @Mark Greensmith.

2016 highlights tomorrow then (technically tonight*). One of my favourite years, for reasons that I may elaborate on tomorrow (if anyone's around/bothered). I'm aware it was an absolute 'mare for many.

___

* It's not tomorrow until I've been to bed.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Knights In White Satin. Stone cold classic. Could be the performance of the night..

It's "Nights" isn't it. Not "Knights".

Think bed rather than inappropriate clothing for a battle.

Time for bed meself methinks.

Boing.

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just watching the 2013 highlights on catch-up, interesting to note the lack of phones filming the sets! 

Watching Coldplay Chris Martin requested phones got put in pockets for one song . Was amazed the uplift in atmosphere for that song although some couldn’t help themselves . That said I film the odd bit . 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Watching Coldplay Chris Martin requested phones got put in pockets for one song . Was amazed the uplift in atmosphere for that song although some couldn’t help themselves . That said I film the odd bit . 

Through a connection I managed to get side of stage for Slipknot headline performance at Download on Sunday and I filmed a few bits because I’ll never get anything like it again.

However, in general I don’t film gigs or sets and any photos I take are around the site rather than of bands. Appreciate I’m the wrong side of 40 and it’s not natural for me to do it unlike most people who are under 30.

The tide has gone too far now I think, people just film everything, it’s rife at football too these days.

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Through a connection I managed to get side of stage for Slipknot headline performance at Download on Sunday and I filmed a few bits because I’ll never get anything like it again.

However, in general I don’t film gigs or sets and any photos I take are around the site rather than of bands. Appreciate I’m the wrong side of 40 and it’s not natural for me to do it unlike most people who are under 30.

The tide has gone too far now I think, people just film everything, it’s rife at football too these days.

I'll never get the obsession with videoing it - getting one or two clips I can maybe understand but I've been at some gigs where it feels like nobody is actually watching the stage. 

Most ridiculous example was at a National gig, the guy in front of me (who must have been 50+ so can't be blamed as a generational thing) was so impressed with the shadow of the guitarist on the side wall of the venue that he spent about half an hour trying to get a photo of it.

2 minutes ago, mouserat said:

I'll never get the obsession with videoing it - getting one or two clips I can maybe understand but I've been at some gigs where it feels like nobody is actually watching the stage. 

Most ridiculous example was at a National gig, the guy in front of me (who must have been 50+ so can't be blamed as a generational thing) was so impressed with the shadow of the guitarist on the side wall of the venue that he spent about half an hour trying to get a photo of it.

Me filming on Sunday was a one off - one of my mates I was with even said it was the first time he had seen me do it!

I find it quite annoying, I was at Arcadia in 2017 and the group in front of us kept spinning their phones round to film everyone which included me and my mates who were *ahem* quite away with the fairies and I got worried at one point my gurning face was going to end up on Snapchat/YouTube/TikTok !

Muse. My must see act that year (cue downvotes?). Was so made up when I got on the bus and got my shifts. It was then I chilled out a bit and had an absolute blinder of a year. Possibly best one ever, despite working and despite bricking myself about having to go the public transport route for the first time.

Could've picked a better track than Mercy for the highlights reel though. The mosh pit during Black Holes... was immense. Found myself not being allowed out by the circle of people that had formed in anticipation until it kicked off. Felt like I was in a The Wicker Man type ritual. Crazy.

Adele year of course. Was on a shift in an already always quiet anyway bar in Williams Green that night. WG was deserted. Never been anywhere more quiet during the festival ever before or since methinks. We let one of our number go and watch. Could hear everything from where we were. Not my cup of tea but we all knew something special was going down.