BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

Just over two weeks ago when we saw AM in Boro I said to my wife afterwards that it was the best form I’d seen them in for nearly 10 years. 

Switched it off early tonight, full style over substance turn from Yorkshire Elvis. A real shame.

Seen them 4 times now and it's ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous. First was 2005 in a 900 capacity venue before they released their first album and it was electric. Couple of festival performances in 2009 and last summer were pretty shocking but a few weeks ago in Norwich, as part of the current tour, was really good. Took our 10 year old daughter to that and she sung her heart out for the whole thing and the set list was nicely paced throughout.

Tonight just felt like a bit of a mess but it won't affect their long term future. All this, 'they're finished at Glasto' nonsense will mean nothing going forward as they don't need the festival to help them be successful in the future. Yes, it won't go down as a classic but it's not the absolute disaster some are portraying it to be.

Edited by Semprini
  • Upvote 2

Certainly nothing wrong with Alex Turners vocals , i didn't hear anything particularly out of tune, and if he was ill ,then kudos to him for getting on with it , good old British stiff upper lip and all that .

Sharleen Spiteri genuinely sounded like she struggled a bit with her vocals today ,but nobody complained, because she worked the crowd well.

9 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Looks like some of the live streams come on earlier today - The Lathums are advertised from Other Stage at 1pm. Sadly, not Kanda Bongo Man from West Holts at the same time, who would almost certainly have been one of the highlights of the festival. ☹️

no Max Richter either. Still at least we can watch Rick Astley 🤡