BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

1 minute ago, germanmon said:

Jeez, I've just seen what time this finishes! I'm making my very own exit via the crash barrier for tonight - thank god for iplayer to watch the rest. Enjoy sir!

Sleep tight.

Rag n Bone man. Brilliant. Better live than as laid down on tape that one.

Barry Gibb. I may be getting teary and wondering why. Getting excited for it now.

I used to be able to hit those high notes.

'17 may have been the year I lost my voice. Literally couldn't talk after an operation. It was that or '15.

1 hour ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I’ve actually been enjoying your stories every night, almost like a nighshift radio DJ. 

I'm not sure how to take that as I generally hate DJs lol.

Talking way too much and over the music and making it all about them...

Whoops maybe.

/s

7 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Yea it was great (if you're talking Chic here), but the previous year (?) headlining WH was at a different level.

I'm talking both Barry and Chic. Was also at WH and that was one of those absolutely everybody is dancing moments.

However, if I'd known that they would be back the next year I would almost definitely have chosen to stay at Portishead.

The Killers and THAT bloody song again. I was at The Acoustic watching Hawkwind (after catching the end of Keane iirc). One of the best light shows I've seen there. My mate back at home watching on telly was shocked I wasn't at The Killers. I was a bit cross when he texted me to inform me a Pet Shop Boy had made an appearance. That would have been the better tune to include surely rather than this overplayed thing.

Just now, MrZigster said:

Think the best thing I saw that year was Slowthai the (allegedly) gropey git. Wasn't into the music, or him, but f**k did he make WH happen with that mosh pit. Glad I didn't go further forward.

Saying that though, just remembered Beans on Toast at Greenpeace on the Thursday (I think). That was something else. Perfect first act type thing (though I think I'd probably seen Mik Artistik at Croissant Neuf Bandstand on the Wednesday, as is traditional).