Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Is there any weight to the theory Calvin Harris was booked because of the F1, and trying to get some of the people who might be in Barcelona attending that to get a day ticket to primavera?

It's an interesting point. 

My opinion is that his booking was somehow driven by his "Returning to the desert" Coachella-Status (kind of "if Coachella can pull this off, we can as well"). 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Given that 99.9% of their bookings over 20 years have not been of the Post Malone/The Killers/Coldplay type, then I'd say we are all but safe from them.

I totally Agree on Coldplay (they are way too expensive and complete crap these days) and Post Malone but the story with The Killers is different nowadays. Sure, they'll play Mr. Brightside and all the old stuff, but despite being one of the biggest pop-rock outfits of the 2000s, they didn't go the all-Top40 Lane of Coldplay or, say, Imagine Dragons. Their latest albums have gone under the radar of most casual-listeners, but were well received by critics (pitchfork included since this has been discussed here). The current one even made Fantanos Top50 AOTY. Brandon Flowers has shifted heavily after the three dud albums and is now rebrand(on)ing (pun intended) the Killers as a auteur-esque heartland-rock band. And that has worked surprisingly well on Pressure Machine.

Anyway long story short: There is nothing suggesting they are coming, but theres nothing suggesting they ain't.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I totally Agree on Coldplay (they are way too expensive and complete crap these days) and Post Malone but the story with The Killers is different nowadays. Sure, they'll play Mr. Brightside and all the old stuff, but despite being one of the biggest pop-rock outfits of the 2000s, they didn't go the all-Top40 Lane of Coldplay or, say, Imagine Dragons. Their latest albums have gone under the radar of most casual-listeners, but were well received by critics (pitchfork included since this has been discussed here). The current one even made Fantanos Top50 AOTY. Brandon Flowers has shifted heavily after the three dud albums and is now rebrand(on)ing (pun intended) the Killers as a auteur-esque heartland-rock band. And that has worked surprisingly well on Pressure Machine.

Anyway long story short: There is nothing suggesting they are coming, but theres nothing suggesting they ain't.

we talked about it because they were announced at the PS Brazil 

15 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

This is a Anyma show, and not really Grimes. She was just a guest on a song they have together.

Anyma was actually booked for Primavera this year, but unfortunately cancelled.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:52 PM, xxialac said:

Number of PS Brazil/Argentina 2022 headliners that then went on to play PS Barcelona 2023: 0

This. The SA Primaveras mean nothing for PS Barcelona. It is not as easy as one might think to secure a booking deal over several festivals in different years and on different continents, because tour legs are organised independently most of the time (you need a whole different kind of logistics for SA than for Europe). So if you wanna secure, say, The Cure, you might need to approach them at a time when their Europe leg is still relatively loosely planned - that is if there is one. 

Some festivals have established synchronous booking for different editions (The SA and NA Lollas f.e.) but those are closer both in terms of space and calendar.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

This. The SA Primaveras mean nothing for PS Barcelona. It is not as easy as one might think to secure a booking deal over several festivals in different years and on different continents, because tour legs are organised independently most of the time (you need a whole different kind of logistics for SA than for Europe). So if you wanna secure, say, The Cure, you might need to approach them at a time when their Europe leg is still relatively loosely planned - that is if there is one. 

Some festivals have established synchronous booking for different editions (The SA and NA Lollas f.e.) but those are closer both in terms of space and calendar.

People really need to get their heads around this, it's not hard.

2 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Couple of thoughts on primavera next year 

With this livenation money , do you think Drake has a chance of performing?

Which female performer will take the slot that Caroline polachek had this year?

Sharon van Etten would be my first choice 

I saw some instagram likes from primavera to drake here and there over the past months but probably it doesn't mean anything. 

No she would need to be bigger: someone as fka twigs or phobe bridgers

I don't see Drake happening. He'd be the biggest artist the festival ever booked and vibe wise I don't think he fits. I know we had Calvin Harris so it feels like anything could happen but I'm choosing to believe they're not going to continue in that direction.

Travis makes a lot more sense I reckon but like Whos3000_ I'm very interested in seeing how Utopia lands.

13 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Couple of thoughts on primavera next year 

With this livenation money , do you think Drake has a chance of performing?

Which female performer will take the slot that Caroline polachek had this year?

Sharon van Etten would be my first choice 

PJ Harvey might get second line billing under a bigger name I reckon.