Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

To each their own of course, but I thought aside from a couple of songs Vampire Weekend were quite boring. I've never been a huge fan though, so I wasn't extra hyped to see them in the first place. 

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And they are going to sprint all the way to Mordor the seconds the gates open. Wouldn’t surprise me if they trip up or push others down a ravine so as to get there first. 

I feel sorry for anyone attending the main stage for the acts on before LDR. The atmosphere is going to be disrupted by that lot. 

Its not LDR's fault, and it happens for other acts too, but this modern wave of obsessive fandom is weird to me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And they are going to sprint all the way to Mordor the seconds the gates open. Wouldn’t surprise me if they trip up or push others down a ravine so as to get there first. 

The funniest thing is, you just know some dudes are gonna push through to end up right behind lana stans 10 minutes before her set starts and will spend all set loudly talking nonsense 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UsernameHere said:

Btw according to Reddit Lana fans have been queuing up at the forum (about 200 of them) since like 10:30 this morning. Mental.

I can see them from my hotel room and by now it seems the group of waiting fans increased. Hope for them that they'll be smart enough to keep drinking water... Mental scenes, very un-Primavera.

20 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

I can see them from my hotel room and by now it seems the group of waiting fans increased. Hope for them that they'll be smart enough to keep drinking water... Mental scenes, very un-Primavera.

This is so funny 😂 they will be passing out in a few hours. All this queueing and someone's just gonna push right past then anyway 

18 hours ago, katyaz said:

Security is so relaxed they didn't even check me. Bring your hip flask for sure 

I had a big sunscreen flask tucked in my back.. security went crazy searching my front for some reason.. even gave me an unpleasant squeeze… and then let me in without checking my back... so bizarre.

25 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

1. you're in a great city - go get some nice food or have a drink before the festival.
2. you're at a brilliant, diverse music festival where you could be seeing so many great acts. 

Even for my favourite act in the world I just wouldn't do the whole barrier thing. Never made any sense to me. Anyway, good luck to them, hopefully they're not being too stupid in the heat.

• Upvote 1

Wow well yesterday was a massive success. A bit too much main stage for me but with how bad the sound was on Amazon Music, it ended up being the right move. 

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib as expected. Really hard slot when everyone is just finding their feet (and aren't drunk yet) and hip-hop sets kind of rely on energy from the crowd. Sounded decent but yeah nothing special.

Amyl were f**king great. A massive step up in confidence and performance from last time. Clearly been headlining smaller fests and owning the responsibility.

Amaarae a little bit disappointing but mainly due to sound issues I think. Bass was all messed up where we stood.

Vampire Weekend did the job but yeah I felt like a lot of songs melted together and it passed me by.

Deftones was absolutely biblical. A few songs missing that I really would have loved like 7 Words, Butcher and Bored but still amazing.

Straight into Justice who absolutely pummelled me. Didn't know speakers could make those sounds. Can't wait to see them again at Glasto. Favourite act at my favourite festival was a special moment.

Weigedood are nuts man. Love that this festival always has the token metal band playing a crazy late set. Such a different vibe to everywhere else in the festival. 

Overall amazing day with so much good music. Today we're off for Ethel Cain b2b Omar Apollo b2b Troye Sivan. What an amazing run! Gonna take it easy and probably leave after Barry Can't Swim tonight. Everything going really well so far, today's the real organisation test so lets see how we go. 

• Like 2

Imagine waiting all day in the sun for this total trainwreck of a show. Expected a bit of a snoozefest, but it was way worse than expected. Showing up half an hour late and then blaming curfew for not being able to finish the full set... First 20 minutes were a mess soundwise, by the time it finally got really good, the show had to end.

On a positive note, The National was brilliant again and really liked The Last Dinner Party. 

Honestly dont know if my feet will recover, but looking forward to tomorrow! Sleep well beasts!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Imagine waiting all day in the sun for this total trainwreck of a show. Expected a bit of a snoozefest, but it was way worse than expected. Showing up half an hour late and then blaming curfew for not being able to finish the full set... First 20 minutes were a mess soundwise, by the time it finally got really good, the show had to end.

On a positive note, The National was brilliant again and really liked The Last Dinner Party. 

Honestly dont know if my feet will recover, but looking forward to tomorrow! Sleep well beasts!

My expectations were low, and they were met.

The crowd were a f**king disgrace too.

Vacuous, narcissistic, empty vessels.

Grim. 

And I despair to think their vote is as equal as mine.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

she can’t dance, and based on today can’t project her voice either. 

the cult of personality. 

Herself and Taylor Swift have “the game” by bollox. 

It’s mind boggling. 

My minor grumbles from today:

I didn’t realise the bands would go on until after midnight. I missed the headliners as it was past my bedtime. 

I went to all of the bars and not one of them sold Blue WKD. Nor did they do White Russians. 

Why aren’t there seats around the other stages like at cupra?

Too many people in hats. 

Nowhere to take your shoes off.

Water taps only did still water- no sparkling. 

I got a stone in my shoe. 

Not enough men with beards- have they gone out of fashion?

People didn’t extinguish their marijuana cigarettes when I requested them to. 

Not enough people complimented my witty t shirt.

Nowhere sold Staffordshire oatcakes or Derbyshire pikelets. 

Too many toilets. 

My nunchucks were confiscated upon entry

• Upvote 1

Ethel Cain and Brutus to bookend the day were my highlights. Had been listening to Brutus a bit over the last few weeks and had no clue the vocalist was the drummer, insane workload! Ethel was just other-worldly, and even managed to shut the yappers in the crowd up.

Lana was late, flat, but I was stood near the back and away from the masses and it was alright. Ocean Boulevard stood out, not least because her backing singers seemed to know how to perform better. 

Even stuck around for most of The National and really enjoyed a band I've never got on board with before. Just so much good music happening!