Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

36 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Jai Paul was massively underwhelming, but Barry was exxxxxxcelent

Yeah what was up with Jai. Not great tbh. Would like to hear other opinions bc I didn't really like him

Lots of great stuff today, but Chelsea Wolfe in the Auditori was particularly excellent! Ethel Cain was sat two rows in front of us and was bouncing up and down when she got a song dedicated to her. Always nice to see artists catching each others shows.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, thought the crowd was a lot nicer last night than the Wednesday and Thursday however we were only by the main stage for Lana and quite far back. Only watched a couple from Silica Gel, all of The Last Dinner Party, Dogstar, Gel, Lana Del Rey (left just before Born To Die) & Clipse. Wanted to stay for The National and Barry Can’t Swim but we left early as we had an early train to Madrid today to watch Green Day. Thought The Last Dinner Party were very good and all the others were decent bar Lana, just very boring, could have been miming and turned up 25 minutes late. Poor form.  

In regards to the festival as a whole, I like the inclusivity, the vast genre range, good food (shout out to whoever recommended La Porca), great prices compared to other festivals I’ve been too and the location however I doubt I’ll be back as it’s probably the worst I’ve ever known a festival for Instagram photos and talking/shouting loudly during artists, very disrespectful. Happy to have experienced Primavera though. 

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the festival! 

• Upvote 1

Re Lana del Rey - I left right after the very underwhelming versions of Cherry and Pretty When You Cry (two of Lana's songs I actually like).

This Lana phenomena, I just don't get it at all. Yesterday, we came at 16:10 to catch Lisasinson at 16:30 and almost didn't make it - this is my 6th Primavera but I've never seen such a long queue right before opening. And of course 95 percent of this early birds ran straight to the main stage to wait some more. Just beyond my grasp.

Edited by pipan

Now, the good things:

Hannah Diamond - I knew it would be great fun (saw her in 2022), but Namasenda as a secret guest for two songs, including her banger Donuts, left me speechless. Just WOW. Also, no chatting whatsoever, just people enjoying their favourite music.

Other highlights of the day: The Last Dinner Party, Troye Sivan, Barry Can't Swim.

Also, I was quite relieved after checking The National's setlist - I was afraid I'd might miss some of my favourite songs they don't play on Wednesday, but the setlists were almost the same. And even though I'd love to enjoy Light Years, on Wednesday we got Pink Rabbits!

Edited by pipan

Been to Prima many times and this year booked a day ticket to the Lana day a few weeks ago. Landed around 5pm yesterday (already back in London). 

My thoughts :

* Every bar looked empty and you could be served immediately. 
* Food stalls and markets rammed all the time and huge queues. It’s like the Alcohol and food have switched ranks. 
* most people there just to see Lana. About 80% of main stage crowd had gone by the time The National came on. 
* VIP sections are a rip off now. 
* I much prefer the two stages at either end rather than next to each other. Much easier for crowds too. 
* Lana being 25 minutes late and then blaming curfew is not a good look.  

anyway here’s some photos I shot of Lana and Keanu Reevea! 

B7BB54B4-F0A2-4727-B9C7-81348A8D038F.jpeg

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3773.jpeg

DSC04179.jpeg

DSC04177.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pipan said:

Re Lana del Rey - I left right after the very underwhelming versions of Cherry and Pretty When You Cry (two of Lana's songs I actually like).

This Lana phenomena, I just don't get it at all. Yesterday, we came at 16:10 to catch Lisasinson at 16:30 and almost didn't make it - this is my 6th Primavera but I've never seen such a long queue right before opening. And of course 95 percent of this early birds ran straight to the main stage to wait some more. Just beyond my grasp.

I have to say im fine with this arrangement- avoided mordor completely last night and it felt vacant. Managed to easily get to the front rows on The Last Dinner Party, Yo La Tengo, Badbadnotgood and Clipse. And on the other hand the festival sold a lot of tickets and can have money for Portishead reunion next year. 

22 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

Any food recommendations? Had a pretty naff pizza yesterday, others on site looked decent so must have been the vendor I picked.

Tapas place at the bottom of the escalators at the Diagonal Mar Shopping centre (outside) 

Jesus, I'm exhausted Today!

I agree with the comments above about Jai Paul. It got better as it went on but overall I was a bit underwhelmed. Main highlights for me were Clipse and Barry Can't Swim.

Wasn't a huge crowd for Clipse but those that did attend were cool and very into it. Their performance was good and everyone rapping along to "certified pedophile" and "probably a minoorrrrrrrr" when the DJ played Not Like Us was a fun, if surreal moment. 

Barry Can't Swim absolutely smashed it. It was a party from start to finish.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Jesus, I'm exhausted Today!

I agree with the comments above about Jai Paul. It got better as it went on but overall I was a bit underwhelmed. Main highlights for me were Clipse and Barry Can't Swim.

Wasn't a huge crowd for Clipse but those that did attend were cool and very into it. Their performance was good and everyone rapping along to "certified pedophile" and "probably a minoorrrrrrrr" when the DJ played Not Like Us was a fun, if surreal moment. 

Barry Can't Swim absolutely smashed it. It was a party from start to finish.

Are you me? I agree with everything here! 

Also exhausted, I've been walking back to my apartment for the last two nights so looking forward to the metro running all night. Going out to get some sun now so hopefully I'll be ready to go again in a few hours

• Like 1

PJ Harvey was brilliant even tho I was completely and horribly caught out by the rain. Bikini Kill were even better. My favourite set of the weekend for sure - great music, great crowd, great pit (!!). 

• Upvote 2