Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

What they should really fix are cues for club stages. I made it to boiler for raime and ramon successo but otherwise it was very hard to go dancing. I really wanted to see snow strippers but the warehouse had a 1 h cue and speaking to people, they just didn’t know who was playing. Missing the bridge to bits for real… 

As for Saturday 

- Lankum was a battle for minas tirith kind of great show. One of my fav shows ever 
- sza was very high level but I wouldn’t go buy a ticket to see her. That’s the point of festivals like this I guess so please let’s have NIN next year to compensate so that we are all happy 

- mitski was just ok to me, expected more pain when I left for AF

- Charli killed it. Nothing to complain about  here. Perfect ending for me. 

Right now for me: 

2023>2022>2024> all other editions. 
The fest has skyrocketed into madness: everything everystage all at once. 
See you in 2025!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

As for Saturday 

- Lankum was a battle for minas tirith kind of great show. One of my fav shows ever 

The first 10 minutes of Lankum especially ranks among the best things I have ever seen. I was completely overwhelmed with the intensity and emotion. Nearly broke down in tears.

Auditori was the perfect venue for them, bravo.

24 minutes ago, qThunder said:

To me, sound wise, it was one of the best sets for sure. Great showmanship as well.

18 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

I chose Vampire Weekend too, but all of my friends went to L'Imperatrice and they loved it.

Thanks, great to hear that, I'm seeing them in December, can't wait!

15 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

What they should really fix are cues for club stages. I made it to boiler for raime and ramon successo but otherwise it was very hard to go dancing. I really wanted to see snow strippers but the warehouse had a 1 h cue and speaking to people, they just didn’t know who was playing.

This. Plus the non-stop line for Red Sound Studio and even mega long queue for Aperol Island of Joy when Cariño played!

I don't mind queuing a little for drinks or food but this new trend of queuing for stages bothers me.

An embarrassment of riches as always, PJ Harvey’s set was a Primavera all timer for me, Jessica Pratt in the Auditori coming a close second.  Had an absolute blast watching Freddie Gibbs and Madlib & Atarashii Gakko!!!  Shout out to Balming Tiger too who were a lot of fun.  New discoveries Water From Your Eyes, Mandy Indiana, Scowl & HiTech were all ace, plus great sets from Deftones, Clipse, Sofia Kourtesis, American Football, Yo La Tengo, Charli XCX, Blonde Redhead & Amaarae.  A strong Auditori show (the half I saw at least), from Nala Sinephro too, and local bands Viuda, Lisasinson & Aiko el Grupo also really fun, plus the Mica Levi DJ set in the warehouse was nuts

Bring on 2025!

1 minute ago, sinivali said:

How reliable is that source for the 2025 dates though? Nothing mentioned on any official channels..

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/un-festival-para-toda-la-vida--primavera-sound-barcelona-celebra-su-propia-historia-con-una-edicion-memorable-que-reafirma-la-capitalidad-musical-de-la-ciudad-a-nivel-mundial

It's at the bottom of this article 

• Thanks 1

I really wanted to go to see Vampire Weekend, Pulp and Justice but I couldn't go this year. Thankfully, I watched most of the streams. Most of them are on youtube too if you missed them. I think Vampire Weekend had a better setlist than their Coachella performance. They didn't do the jam and playing cornhole on the stage thing which eliminates 2-3 songs. I really liked Pulp's rebroadcast on Friday night as well. I couldn't find Justice's stream yet.

15 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

What they should really fix are cues for club stages. I made it to boiler for raime and ramon successo but otherwise it was very hard to go dancing. I really wanted to see snow strippers but the warehouse had a 1 h cue and speaking to people, they just didn’t know who was playing. Missing the bridge to bits for real… 

As for Saturday 

- sza was very high level but I wouldn’t go buy a ticket to see her. That’s the point of festivals like this I guess so please let’s have NIN next year to compensate so that we are all happy 

- mitski was just ok to me, expected more pain when I left for AF

- Charli killed it. Nothing to complain about  here. Perfect ending for me. 

Right now for me: 

2023>2022>2024> all other editions. 
The fest has skyrocketed into madness: everything everystage all at once. 
See you in 2025!

No queue for Boiler Room when I went to see Raime/DDS but the vibe wasn't great. too many people trying to crowd the DJ booth (yea I know it's boiler room but still) and you could see they weren't really into the music so it killed the mood for me. Hopefully next year they have a dance music stage again

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

I really wanted to go to see Vampire Weekend, Pulp and Justice but I couldn't go this year. Thankfully, I watched most of the streams. Most of them are on youtube too if you missed them. I think Vampire Weekend had a better setlist than their Coachella performance. They didn't do the jam and playing cornhole on the stage thing which eliminates 2-3 songs. I really liked Pulp's rebroadcast on Friday night as well. I couldn't find Justice's stream yet.

Thanks, I've just rewatched my favourite Vampire Weekend moments - goosebumps everywhere.

Amazing sound, near perfect setlist, surprisingly lot of saxophone and I actually realized only during the set what a masterpiece Ya Hey is.

Some statistics:

Days of music: 7

I've managed to do this for the first time and I absolutely loved the first days full of Barcelona sights, great food and wine finished with a concert or two.

Sets seen: 33 full sets (+ 5 half sets)

Number of artists I've seen for the 1st time: 31 (and I'd never heard about 16 of them before they appeared on the PS line-up)

Longest day: Thursday (from Nieve Ella starting at 16:30 to Peggy Gou finishing at 04:15)

• Like 1

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Primavera in Italy sounds appealing! Is there any other information on this? 

Has been longstanding rumour about Turin and they have been in conversations. We know they want another site in Europe and would make sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pipan said:

Thanks, I've just rewatched my favourite Vampire Weekend moments - goosebumps everywhere.

Amazing sound, near perfect setlist, surprisingly lot of saxophone and I actually realized only during the set what a masterpiece Ya Hey is.

They were superb. To be honest all my highlights were MainStage this year. 

Vampire Weekend, Justice and The National. Matt jumped into the crowd through an emergency exit during mr November right in front of me. I was in the opposite side in the wizink and he did the same on my side. I can’t get away from him 😂

Ya Hey is a masterpiece. The lyrics are really clever. A perfect song to end the set on. 

• Like 1

For a series of reason I am not 100% sure I can make it next year. What would be the best strategy here? - Buying the ticket using the discount due to going this year, selling it in case I can’t go.

- book accommodations only and wait until later for tickets. When TicketSwap was available this was easy and convenient but I am afraid not anymore? If you think I am wrong, where would I buy tickets at standard prices? 

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

For a series of reason I am not 100% sure I can make it next year. What would be the best strategy here? - Buying the ticket using the discount due to going this year, selling it in case I can’t go.

- book accommodations only and wait until later for tickets. When TicketSwap was available this was easy and convenient but I am afraid not anymore? If you think I am wrong, where would I buy tickets at standard prices? 

Book a refundable hotel and don't buy a ticket to the fest. Plenty of tickets for under €200 on Twickets this year in the weeks leading up to the festival. The only thing you can't plan for is flights. They will for sure be crazy expensive like always if you don't book early.

49 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I had a spare ticket I couldn’t shift this year. It’s a pity it’s not easier to sell it on.

I tend to avoid booking Airbnb if I’m booking far in advance. Im always afraid the host realises something is on that weekend, they will cancel your booking and re-list at a higher price.

Edited by Drums Please Fab