Overcrowding / Capacity (2022 vs 2023)

st dan

11 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

it is funny how many people i spoke to on the farm who were convinced britney and eminem were 'nailed on'

Its cause they only read the sun and believe those rumors. Those are also the same people who only know 5 artists on the entire line up.

I thought the overcrowding was noticeably better than in 22.  

I was worried that eliminating the camping on Rows Mead would prevent me from getting a spot in Big Ground, but we managed it in the end, and there was a clear benefit in having the Row Mead space available.  

There were quite a few times in 22 when I felt that crowding was borderline unsafe. This year, I only felt that in Shangri La on Thursday evening.  Something needs to be done there.  I was hopeful that the revamp of Silver Hayes would balance that out, but tbh, the changes didnt really amount to much 

10 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I was worried that eliminating the camping on Rows Mead would prevent me from getting a spot in Big Ground, but we managed it in the end, and there was a clear benefit in having the Row Mead space available.  

There were quite a few times in 22 when I felt that crowding was borderline unsafe. This year, I only felt that in Shangri La on Thursday evening.  Something needs to be done there.  I was hopeful that the revamp of Silver Hayes would balance that out, but tbh, the changes didnt really amount to much 

Lots of people here said positive things about the levels. 

17 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I think that was a Thursday thing tbh.

Without the major stages open, there are too many people on site for whats on. 

But I was in the Shangri La & didnt find it too bad (I did leave at about 10 mind you)

I finished me shift on the Thursday at 9:45, needing to hot foot it a bit into the SE corner to get into Skindred for half ten - I was anticipating it being a right bastard but it was completely fine, I got straight in and only had to stop in a queue coming from the Temple to the start of Shangri-la across the railway line. 
I even managed to get a round of cheese toasties for me and the mates I met in the window after Skindred and before ho99o9, I was anticipating it being a tedious half hour wait cos it’s right opposite the Truth stage, but everyone’s standing around or passing thru and hardly anyone is actually queuing or doing anything! Got my toasties, got my emergency stash of kickass beer cans, and continued the earache Thursday: I do absolutely love having a small pocket of heavier stuff and long may it be be there! 

18 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I think that will come next year when word gets round. 

They need a better route to silver Hayes, it currently is lost through the native crowd at the other stage of the pyramid so for me it's never worth a trip 

The only time I ever go through there is woodsies to park 

On 7/7/2023 at 5:34 PM, Olshansky said:

On Thursday the signs were telling people to avoid Silver Hayes. I remember because we were considering it but then decided to just go straight to truth for skindred. 

"Silver Hayes very busy, seek alternatives"

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

On Thursday the signs were telling people to avoid Silver Hayes. I remember because we were considering it but then decided to just go straight to truth for skindred. 

"Silver Hayes very busy, seek alternatives"

This was a weird one as I got there for Ki/Ki and levels wasn't busy at all.

Had so much space to move around and dance.