young fathers

Neil

Weren't they just superb. that's the second time I've seen them and both times I've ended up thinking "future Glastonbury headliner ".

Dunno how they do it but the drum heavy show really carries them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

First time I've seen them live and loved it. Was a wonderful performance.

I was on th viewing platform watching down and every single person in front of me in the crowd wanted to be there and was dancing.

Not quite true, I wasn't dancing, I stayed sat  down on the chair of my powered wheels. I'd have struggled to stand up and definitely couldn't dance .

They were magnificent when I saw them on the Other Stage a few years ago. Utterly uncompromising, no "hello Glastonbury" during the set, not even a thank you at the end. Which sounds like it's rude when I write it down like that, but on the day it came across as something of a statement. Looking forward to watching this on catchup later, and seeing them at Latitude next month. 

About to watch this back for a 2nd time... not as good as being there, but amazing.

I cant remember the last act to completely blow me away like they did last Friday. Probably the first time I saw Arcade Fire.

I've was 50/50 YF or Fred Again... Fred looked brilliant on TV, but nothing compared to the Young Fathers. Life affirming stuff.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

My 10th time seeing them and maybe the best. Honestly thought they'd never match the intensity of the early days when they played small scuzzy venues but they properly made it work in by far the biggest setting I've seen them in. Loved it.

loved it, i always felt their show would scale up for a bigger stage, reckon they could headline the big pointy one, one day. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

My 10th time seeing them and maybe the best. Honestly thought they'd never match the intensity of the early days when they played small scuzzy venues but they properly made it work in by far the biggest setting I've seen them in. Loved it.

I bet those early shows were mega.

They passed me by until Cocoa Sugar came out, even then it was just on record. I liked the albums, but hadn't had the chance to catch them live until last week. 

Last week had everything I wanted in a performance. I know it'll have pissed off the kind of people I want to piss off too.

Straight into my top 10 favourite Glastonbury gigs of all time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know it'll have pissed off the kind of people I want to piss off too.

"This one's for Suella....SHAME!"

Powerful stuff, throughout.  I'd like to see them perform on the big pointy one and terrify the daily mail readers.

• Upvote 1