The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

That's not too bad. But these are the standards we have now.

No rain for the festival but it barely gets above 18 degrees. 

BUT it does have high pressure trying to push back in starting on Saturday, it just does nothing for us by Sunday. Is there hope this could be built on?

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

No rain for the festival but it barely gets above 18 degrees. 

Would bite your hand off for this. Would rather be dry in shangri la at 04:00 am shivering in 4 layers sat on a dry floor than stood there in one welly, I lost the other en route in the mud, in a waterproof coat and pants contemplating that walk back to the tent when I inevitably lose the other welly 

Dry is all that counts for me, as someone whose face got sunburned in cloudy 16 degree conditions at a football tournament at the weekend, I’m all for high teens / low 20’s. Extra layer at night, stick. 

Edited by wozwebs

I’d be happy with dry and chilly but aren’t these also showing a big chance of at the very least showers? They look pretty close if not quite on site, so they’re bound to hit at some point as it can’t be that accurate this far out. 

52 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

I’d be happy with dry and chilly but aren’t these also showing a big chance of at the very least showers? They look pretty close if not quite on site, so they’re bound to hit at some point as it can’t be that accurate this far out. 

Yep

This is total accumulation between now and camper vans arriving...

image.png.abbe97458cc98b78fa4a39b3cb6e30bd.png

This is total accumulation between now and the Monday morning back to reality day.

image.png.de7889e1ff113755b160838dc76432ba.png

It's not a lot though... Around 1cm between now and the end of the festival, spread out across different days / showers... So if true, it'll barely be noticable. 

(The heavier stuff is alarmingly close though!!!)

Edited by Alvoram

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

MetOffice still sticking to their guns.

Weds - 24c Sunny, Dry.

Thurs - 22c Sunny Dry.

This giving me hope.. I’m still trying to score a set of zip off hiking trousers.. as feel at the moment it’s going to be freezing 

Not a horrendous GFS run. A shallow low pressure system makes inroads again on Wednesday with some rain about but after that largely dry if not a little chilly at times. Mid/High teens but pleasant in the sun if it we get some clear spells.

• Like 1

UKMO agrees - low pressure makes inroads on Wednesday/Thursday - warmer run though.

I think we are getting some consistency now in that the low pressure is going to be there on the Wednesday but improvements from the nightmare charts and depending on the position of the low, we might miss out of the worse of the rain.

Missing out on major rain is the key but 16c in the shade is going to feel properly cold when your stood/sat.

Going to take a proper coat which I never imagined I'd need to at Glastonbury. 

20 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

This giving me hope.. I’m still trying to score a set of zip off hiking trousers.. as feel at the moment it’s going to be freezing 

I’ve got a pair of them but as I’ve got skinny legs when I unzip them to shorts mode I look like something out of Carry on up the jungle.😉😊

3 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

There still a chance this warmer weather continues or we thinking with the last 24 hours of runs, that 16/18c bracket is our fortune?

I think there's a chance of warmer temperatures still if the low pressure is orientated more favourably. I think the scorchio ship has sailed though now

Edited by AdrianH

1 minute ago, AdrianH said:

I think there's a chance of warmer temperatures still if the low pressure is orientated more favourably. I think the scorchio ship has sailed though now

Yep the last scorchio/full dry run was Wednesday night.

Midnight run of U.K. Met Office is pretty apocalyptic…. Brings a thundery low up from France for Wednesday and Thursday, with showers on Wednesday and heavy rain arriving later on Wednesday night.  This would leave the site very soggy… We’ve just gotta hope this changes in the coming days (which it will).

IMG_4414.thumb.jpeg.bff2fa8fc9920f49028df14268a362f1.jpeg