The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

1 hour ago, DCIFF23 said:

You must be so fun at parties, and glasto for that matter. Aware that this an 'act' or 'character' you play each year into the build up but f**k me that must be boring and sad. People's first time on here; bit weird you sitting here all day and pissing on their parade.

Mate, it's just the weather, it'll be grand 😂

All will be good once you get to the farm, you just might need wellies.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reading the 2016 thread for some light relief.  At this stage (the Friday beforehand) the site was under water.

So we're behind schedule then

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reading the 2016 thread for some light relief.  At this stage (the Friday beforehand) the site was under water.

Amazing. I have a vague recollection at one point I was confidently predicting we'd be back in trainers before the end of the weekend. 

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've suppressed majority of memories from that weekend. They return to the surface whenever anyone shares that vid of Jez from WorthyFM tentatively toe-tapping at a patch of grass on site which is clearly floating on about 18 inches of bogwater.

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I've suppressed majority of memories from that weekend. They return to the surface whenever anyone shares that vid of Jez from WorthyFM tentatively toe-tapping at a patch of grass on site which is clearly floating on about 18 inches of bogwater.

Yeah, that was in the Friday  but the record also shows the site getting leathered most of the Monday and into Tuesday too. Twas but a fool's hope.

12 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

😄

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Wasn't there a load of "still time to dry out" merchants that year? 

Guilty. IIRC at one point it was looking pretty dry Tuesday onwards and I was thinking we might get the trampled flat springy mud by Sat / Sun. Lunacy in hindsight.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Guilty. IIRC at one point it was looking pretty dry Tuesday onwards and I was thinking we might get the trampled flat springy mud by Sat / Sun. Lunacy in hindsight.

Haha. Lunacy is what this thread is about.

Lunacy in Hindsight would also be a great name for an album. 

But 16 yeah. Remember being in the breakfast room in our B&B in Taunton and Kay Burley coming on the telly telling us to stay put. 

Id still take 2016 over 2007 or 2011.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Haha. Lunacy is what this thread is about.

Lunacy in Hindsight would also be a great name for an album. 

But 16 yeah. Remember being in the breakfast room in our B&B in Taunton and Kay Burley coming on the telly telling us to stay put. 

Unless im wide of the mark did it not "largely dry out" by Sunday in '11? The Sunday in 2016 was awful.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Unless im wide of the mark did it not "largely dry out" by Sunday in '11? The Sunday in 2016 was awful.

Yeah it was definitely trainer weather on Sunday 2011, when Paul Simon was on it was scorching! 

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I still think one of the enduring Glastonbury myths is that 2008 ticket sales were slow because of Jay-Z and Emily 'rebooting the festival'. I went with a group of about 35 in 2007, and it was so awful only four of us returned in 2008. 

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

Yeah it was definitely trainer weather on Sunday 2011, when Paul Simon was on it was scorching! 

It was pretty much dried out by the time of Pulp's secret set on Saturday, I think.