The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

8 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

2016 i watched ELO under a brolly mate.

Yeah too many people on here try and gaslight us into thinking 2016 wasn't f**king dreadful all weekend. 

2 hours ago, devonhammer said:

One of these lines is likely to happen, which just shows that we don't know the weather for tomorrow

GEFS Ensembles Chart

haha jfc what is that big blue bastard. I'll ignore this entirely, thanks.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Could be this though!

IMG_0204.jpeg.3b323edc9cf045240e2f4436453b29af.jpeg

this gives me anxiety! What you all doing. Have a lie in and rock up wednesday lunchtime to not a single inch of queue. this is the way.

42 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ill take a muddy fest with no rain over a fest with torrential rain on arrival and during the headliners any day. 

as someone who didn't go in 2007/11 etc but did in 2016, whilst 2016 was the worst one i went to, I agree completely. better wet under my foot than wet on my head.

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

2016 i watched ELO under a brolly mate.

Not really the heavy stuff though was it.

One of the great mysteries of our time.

60k at ELO when Patty Griffin was playing to an empty and dry acoustic tent. 

AP1GczOh8xP_OjLqB_5qia5Q7GKq5jZRZmLv_rXOo_RYU-RDRIf4srArQ2MdMW18v-x72mBbA0z7vUJ2kBwJjZqOboYK8KNGFqHLnWOT8LEZpO2SJSEPGt20NIk68KLmQSQdFWMPuS6dlYSU3B6G8bdrgyyEAoSWKC4vcXAUGkaher8pxW73PKmJJ4EOKaASDGR0KTXpo6YeE-RZmmyDD6fzvb-petnWq_feguHr75ZckjT-88I0KABbPvNZ8FAZrKTr8loi2vMkoP5N_6pm2Fud430WBeo0qNxBbCUBzHmkF55shODn9ZrmoPQpypaQCiBEnJDFTC6pGheVxSSSLPzLzt7BZo84wP8lkO9jx99Vf-XhjNss14UbeWUNjIXWcYJlX2vVZPy9XfWTdJQ7hIldBl49H1FKyDXfmH35J7ubGBKI8sXtXk_YnpKpSKI3v8TaQkUDQcQYFFdWaRcGbe1JbK0gNfDWtwRo-cv1asCOLzq_8UQzf9RgeBIC3Zad6lepUO5jHIQXrRDKeRW4AIeDTC_PsZTb3P_ZX2b42_PY3HFm93R4K4md3MXCy6VESmDm9QpDDuMnCyHrdMVy92_CTvyTIQeUa48YdMtBkm3FfGzYogaI-O-u-KbTl8B4kPe0woxAuZ6X5-WGwzlSP6GflxeFuUggYD3dcgmmQ2_d4y9QRR4JE49z-x-2wrbawEpooLa-c4UEuo90DrilhdKVRhvrWoPEv_ROQ3HTt4XAEZy4bc_lMUFWZfEx_ne3nLuUxSBde_Z7DOd4DIVIK_jaeRqGUvCyJ95nVTQmrYzoWvjJLQPoPhIQQCsD70tCCqxxJHmVOSfMXIzNjYggWbv6XjqEkZGCnB_FGJe6yLQtRpqEyb5-uTrD3-2c1dJmrP9T-5Z4u5KDypb7N2txLUdMAqrVExCh9wFLb2MhfzTMRY4yS8EKFtJ8epktNz0l=w2760-h1554-s-no-gm?authuser=0

AP1GczNGQASHV_fDNUMHM_tEk66S6GofrJ015Z7urKnM8luSrWcLpDTwf-JquyZdYLVqU2RFe89R5GA49DTtAeQ5sxNuakW0mC0Xux_mbFTvnhCp5nVj1woRqcZ6kZ2jKphnLqn9bTAXRP43sV2qUWxzhr95GJvq8x3z9mcNiJJcZg-HomICRvR3ypqQ_nheNf3bfUsyWmnJ6GYqSugCvMMDyXWAFF3myLTiLzxpk0R6i8e7xtOteUieca0KacejtvV9YPiI_Akun-km8W1_WQGmrkZmfiTNZCFA27OPbg1MHWPoDIqN5IeW5FKtj5hI69Jen8CJeLZUDsl8wp-uViWOdzVLDX920Xw83ZLhg81qUjjH5KpVKzoE7vVP4Z9-VDsod0TnQMLa_IQ7e-xG9lT0A6p-Y9X4qKCWXO4Wol5A53JgOUUvbwJdMjNifiBKL-lDNs551v4wz3GlpdB9oMBAbR2KGlTzdkKDazTIrUGbiUGLeZn6WxeduHlPB3rxhCc5uOJijfJctMjtSuKdXKwtE5JlRRie8tEK-begGBveA2ewDB3P8RHe-0W8K4DXl4YjuW-pwKuM3V1eOEAG8jC6KgyfrWCfxnbhoM8GvhAHO0-3rPY3TKmlJr8s21uDKf9F5y1NBYyC-82SonPX88tuBXuvuoguA3LHJPomd6TUCsVHtocB4hyU2vvDD1UIpgSuQmBIPHhlMKVi1gQ75Q4plP8SzNEtpj4mVjUV6_eYps4242qcKqw119tJLmNhdvP5HNMAVVfXjaiGiFFJl_NRwGTvyv-GAsRsmxIvk7SMuaD62vI3eEv4u5EVxeyHdPxhO2g72enCeqA6qUnBmEwgab5GXoEQvUlZxZP2E1a-NBAwgFtkgaeOSu6FzeBZsZDZl_sHFVn82CfuAt9TZDUU64RnY90UqpwREktUR-iHrs5loYqTts9dVoQG0WG_=w2760-h1554-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Outside of that though, it didnt really rain during the day.

9 minutes ago, doogie said:

I had no idea 2015 was a muddy year.  It's the only one I've missed since 2002 and it looked fine on the telly.

Wasn't really a vintage muddy year. Wednesday was cold and pissy an it shat down on Friday afternoon for a bit. The rain made No More Drama by Mary J one of the best performances Ive seen at the fest. 

2 minutes ago, Physical_graffiti said:

as someone who didn't go in 2007/11 etc but did in 2016, whilst 2016 was the worst one i went to, I agree completely. better wet under my foot than wet on my head.

07 was both, as was 2011 at peak times. 

Edited by The Nal

5 minutes ago, doogie said:

I had no idea 2015 was a muddy year.  It's the only one I've missed since 2002 and it looked fine on the telly.

TBF was never a proper mud bath, got pretty sticky and needed boots wellies Friday evening, then it dried out during Saturday only for it to rain overnight and top it up again. I'm probably over egging it. 

Think you’re thinking of 14. 14 was all over the place because of the horrendous storm on the Friday. But the ground mostly withstood it, but there was constantly heavy showers and just never really got going. The Wednesday was glorious.

15 was absolutely fine from what I can remember barring some heavy rain Friday afternoon but it was pretty much dry by the evening. 

for me, whilst 16 was relentlessly hard work, 14 was worse because it rained off an on the whole weekend and could never really get away from it.

16 was just a bog but it didn’t really rain all that much. 

34 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Good chance this year is like 2015. Blazing sunshine to start, thundery breakdown that's enough to ruin the site early on, then showers stopping it fully drying out across the weekend. 

5 minutes ago, mikeyb123 said:

Think you’re thinking of 14. 14 was all over the place because of the horrendous storm on the Friday. But the ground mostly withstood it, but there was constantly heavy showers and just never really got going. The Wednesday was glorious.

15 was absolutely fine from what I can remember barring some heavy rain Friday afternoon but it was pretty much dry by the evening. 

for me, whilst 16 was relentlessly hard work, 14 was worse because it rained off an on the whole weekend and could never really get away from it.

16 was just a bog but it didn’t really rain all that much. 

No, definitely thinking of 2015. 2014 was the huge storm that stopped the stages. 2015 I remember because I couldn't arrive until late Friday - during the deluge - and was stuck in my car. Then got the wellies on based on messages from friends onsite. 

But agree 2014 = proper mud, 2015 = bit sticky at different times, wasn't nearly as bad. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

13 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Yeah too many people on here try and gaslight us into thinking 2016 wasn't f**king dreadful all weekend. 

Underfoot it was awful. Rain not too bad 

@Sawdusty surferdid the heel test and wasn’t seen for days. Emerged like the creature from the black lagoon as the site was being dismantled. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

TBF was never a proper mud bath, got pretty sticky and needed boots wellies Friday evening, then it dried out during Saturday only for it to rain overnight and top it up again. I'm probably over egging it. 

aye i dont remember any mud but im in wellies in pics. Torrential for a couple of hours friday afternoon (during motorhead I think)

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You can see the Friday 2015 rain clearly when Mary J Blige is doing No More Drama

It was particularly unlucky - there was a small band of really heavy rain and it hit the site directly - 10 miles each side East and West got nothing. 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Unless im wide of the mark did it not "largely dry out" by Sunday in '11? The Sunday in 2016 was awful.

In my mind I had 2016 down as not even that bad despite the weather. Went back through lineup recently and literally cannot remember seeing anything. Coldplay on Sunday was the only one I remember for sure and I was only there because my feet were so sore I couldn't walk anywhere else. Think I enjoyed madness but that may have been a different year because in my mind it was sunny when they were on. 

So which year was the big thunder storm where they were apparently considering closing the festival and had divers checking tents. It wasn't 2014, so it must have been  2015 or 2016?

33 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I have no memory whatsoever of bad ground in 2015.

8 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

2015 was the big thunder storm where the stages had to shut down for a bit no? 2014 pyramid field was definitely muddy for Metallica as I almost collided into Johnny Vegas in it behind the sound stages.

That was 2014 - during Rudimental.I got this pic after the storm from behind Pyramid

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 16.32.05.png