The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

5 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I thought we'd never see that lovely high again.

No chance I'm getting excited after Wednesday nights euphoria only to be 2 days of garbage after.

Me neither, gives us a glimmer of hope though 😎

1 minute ago, CH0161 said:

Walk me through it your procedure mate, I'm planning on doing the same.

Thinking of mixing red/orange juice beforehand , and topping up with lemonade for fizz when I get there(with ice and fruit of course)

Froze it in a carton! 

9 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

The ECM improving is massive, given the GFS will be all over the place for the next few days. V happy with that. 

Those pics are from the AIFS ECM. It's not the same run as the standard ecm. Hoping that goes in line with it at 7pm

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I've also currently got cartons of sangria in my freezer! Brilliant way of keeping the cool box cold 👍🏼

I'm not the only one then! Sainsburys yellow cartons? Can't beat a chilled pint of Sangria at Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Good news is the rain on Weds is a complete guess (appreciate it looks bad currently) and will move around over coming runs, but if the trend is to reduce influence of low afterwards that's great for us. No rain Thursday on this run, positive signs. 

Does seem genuinely encouraging if days around it are improved also.

High might win out?

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey. 

ukprec (2).png

Is that Wednesday 9am BST?  Or is that a US timezone?  Only ask as the first frame for this run is for "12:00" - but that's over 5 hours ago for us!

6 hours ago, Spindles said:

Realistic best case scenario is that over the next few days we see the volume and frequency of predicted rain diminish on the forecasts, until there's just a couple of narrow periods where we get brief light showers on maybe Wednesday and Friday, with an average peak temp of 22c and overnight temps in the low teens.

Thanks I'll have that but not sneak back here for any updates. That way I won't borrow worries from tomororow but I will of course.

37 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Just dropped 120 quid on a pair of waterproof boots and a good poncho/light jacket. Bring on the weather. 

By buying them to add to the postive karma that predicates it will be good and you won't need them. Leave them at home and you would. Them's the rules of the Glastoverse.