The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

1 hour ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Is there a point anyone would consider not going based on the weather?

If I was on a general ticket and it was horrendous weather forecast for Wednesday/ Thursday I might consider arriving later. But not go?  I can’t imagine weather that bad. 

As I’m working I don’t have a choice. I’ll be there from Monday and have set up in the dry hopefully 

8 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Keep the faith, it’s going to be fine. It hammered down on the Wednesday last year whilst we were putting the tent up and had to scoop water out of it but after that it was perfect. 

It pissed down most of the night Tuesday too last year, we had to bbq under our umbrella.

I'm keeping the faith

Catastrophising based on the vicissitudes of model runs - none of which even equate to formal forecasts - is caveman behaviour. Come on, you’re better than this. Be sophisticated, worldly homo sapiens. It’s all just pseudo-probabilistic pixels on a screen.

It’s gonna be a sunny scorcher.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How can this be similar to 2016? I’m quite sure it rained for about 10-14 days prior to 2016 causing the horrible ground? With a heavy rain day on the Thursday for a few hours too? It might be muddy this year but surely not as bad? 

Edited by theDandy

Where are we in terms of previous years? 2017 looked biblically a washout at this point didn’t it? 

Right now it’s giving me 2022 vibes - chillier and slightly damp in the air but with a strong dose of Pilton forcefield magic.

As long as it’s not 2016 levels of sticky stuff or persistent “wet” rain - I’m in. 

5 minutes ago, theDandy said:

How can this be similar to 2016? I’m quite sure it rained for about 10-14 days prior to 2016 causing the horrible ground? With a heavy rain day on the Thursday for a few hours too? It might be muddy this year but surely not as bad? 

The notorious 2016 video clip of a small river bursting forth from the ground was from the Friday beforehand.  So, yes, we're in a lot better nick.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

TBH it's due to sh*t it down there tonight. Folk could be paying more attention to that.

Aye, it’s on the way as it usually hits us first. Got some wet weather training in at cricket this evening. Not gonna lie, it wasn’t a whole lot of craic, but then again, I was stone cold sober watching a bunch of 9 years old run around aimlessly in the rain. Put a pint in my hand, proper rain gear on and anything on a stage and I’d probably not notice it! 😁

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

It's not 2016. Lead up is dry. That will make a difference for a day or so at least. Ground is not saturated like then.

It IS with a month's worth of rain on Weds morning, which is why 2016 was referenced. 

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The notorious 2016 video clip of a small river bursting forth from the ground was from the Friday beforehand.  So, yes, we're in a lot better nick.

Again, with a month's worth of rain on Weds AM (as in the 12Z per the reference) that river would be back!