The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

1 minute ago, Franky said:

It’s pissing it down in Bucks, ergo next weekend will be sunny 👍

Also, I blame Chris f**king Martin for all of this. 

The bastard I think he plays virtually for free as well remember Michael saying that but he had to accept the then minimum for the Pyramid of 75k. Remember that when you try to get to the bogs slipping in the mud as the loons sing Fix You in the freezing rain  and you think yes he fiuxcking well has.

12 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

So based on the operational runs done in the last 24 hours or so Thursday will be somewhere between 16 degrees and a complete and utter washout and 24 degrees and dry. 

Basically yes. 

We've had one positive run this morning in amongst so really sh*t ones since Wednesday.

I don't think this mornings sadly is one to cling to. 

In 2016 the rain was so torrential it washed away my fish curry from its polystyrene tray. Took ages to move around the site. 

in 2019 it was so relentlessly hot people were spontaneously combusting. Took longer to get around the site if you even had the energy.

2024 will be a doddle. Bit of rain, bit of sun - actually perfect. If you’ve never been before this will be a perfect Glasto experience. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So who else is scrambling about reassessing what clothes to take? Apart from the footwear, take for all eventualities 

As I’m there for a whole week I always take clothes for all seasons. For the past few the bag with walking boots, gaiters, over trousers and thermals have been left in the car and not been retrieved. Their mere presence adjacent to the sight has been enough to placate the weather gods. 

Weather is weather! I’ve done proper sh*t wet ones and massive hot dry ones. Honestly I don’t care. Would like it to be mostly dry so I can have a sit and a chill. 

either way it’s going to be amazing 

not long now 👏👏👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Weather is weather! I’ve done proper sh*t wet ones and massive hot dry ones. Honestly I don’t care. Would like it to be mostly dry so I can have a sit and a chill. 

either way it’s going to be amazing 

not long now 👏👏👏👏👏

//THREAD CLOSED//

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Basically yes. 

We've had one positive run this morning in amongst so really sh*t ones since Wednesday.

I don't think this mornings sadly is one to cling to. 

I thought this morning's GFS charts were just starting to line up with yesterday's Met office model, which is supposed to be more accurate for the UK anyway? I may be wrong, it might have been a different model, but i remember seeing the exact same patterns forming on another model yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Mrbish82 said:

I thought this morning's GFS charts were just starting to line up with yesterday's Met office model, which is supposed to be more accurate for the UK anyway? I may be wrong, it might have been a different model, but i remember seeing the exact same patterns forming on another model yesterday.

It's the NorwegIAN trolls that are threatening to spoil the party they live under Bella's Bridge.

• Upvote 1

In the pre smartphone era my brother and a friend were more or less simultaneously left heartbroken by two Norwegian women - so after several bevvies they conducted a ceremonial burning of the Norwegian flag. The photos would be handy today for my feelings on yr.no

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably still too early to take the Met Office to the bank, but the outlook for the current range is a huge d@b up.

Is this good? I've read this all week and haven't understood haha.

28 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Oh absolutely, biggest worrier in West Yorks. 

If you need a counterpoint to this thread, the lads at the netweather forum are much better at communicating and accounting for the massive uncertainty that haunts all this graphical tea-leaf reading  https://community.netweather.tv/topic/100278-model-output-discussion-summer-2024/page/71/

Edited by behindthebunhouse

2 minutes ago, behindthebunhouse said:

If you need a counterpoint to this thread, the lads at the netweather forum are much better at communicating and accounting for the massive uncertainty that haunts all this graphical tea-leaf reading  https://community.netweather.tv/topic/100278-model-output-discussion-summer-2024/page/71/

Staff photo of the Netweather lads

image.thumb.jpeg.9ebc39c87563a7e2191aefb79d213568.jpeg

• Upvote 2