The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Just now, Morris48 said:

Still some caution for me, even with the more favourable model runs over the last 12 hrs. Models generally don’t handle features that  develop from the continent, very well (like the one across SE England at the weekend in the 06z). Wouldn’t be suprised to see some flip flopping over the next few days with that so get ready for a bit of a roller coaster of emotions.

Lol What you on about? It's too late now they're past the cutoff for any more changes.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Morris48 said:

Still some caution for me, even with the more favourable model runs over the last 12 hrs. Models generally don’t handle features that  develop from the continent, very well (like the one across SE England at the weekend in the 06z). Wouldn’t be suprised to see some flip flopping over the next few days with that so get ready for a bit of a roller coaster of emotions.

I think we can anticipate this, aye.

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

Unfortunately packing for us starts this evening as we've a ferry to catch Monday morning... need to prepare for all eventualities

I'm packing up camping gear and clothes today to load up the car tomorrow. Working Monday and have a ferry to get on Tuesday morning as well from Belfast to Liverpool. 

When you arriving on site? You going from Dublin or Rosslare? I did Dublin ferry in 2022 but was a really early start. 

Edited by gherkin8r

I'm all weathered out now but packed and ready to go tommorow.  I may be able to give site  updates as and when. Barring a huge  black swan event we are way off worst case scenario and for that I thank the Rain Gods please continue to shine down on us with your gracious sun.

Amen

Wednesday is wet wet wet... Hope it doesn't stay another day.

I just realised I got my boy bands mixed up for a second... Not something to be ashamed of though so I'm leaving it 😛

Edited by Alvoram

Just now, cb4747 said:

Wait, is that good or bad? 

So far it's a wet Wednesday and wet start to Thursday... Nothing crazily heavy, but pretty consistent from Weds afternoon onwards. 

2 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Yes, the GFS coming out now is at odds with all the other models.   This is the French Arpege model for Wednesday  and has no sign of rain….

IMG_1957.jpeg.e0d0d60905799a3751fabc25f7e21b36.jpeg

French Arpege model for me please

Edited by Euphoricape

7 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Yes, the GFS coming out now is at odds with all the other models.   This is the French Arpege model for Wednesday  and has no sign of rain….

IMG_1957.jpeg.e0d0d60905799a3751fabc25f7e21b36.jpeg

Don't like look the like of what's about to hit County Mayo however