The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Glorious day in the 'burgh - but would swap it for a thunderstorm in a heartbeat if it would so anything to help that precious, precious ground.

YES! What a stunning day for Meadows Fest. Lots of pink bodies on leaving at 6-ish 🥵

Beeb outlook been consistently forecasting 19-20 days and 11 at nights, so things are improving. Also less rain too.

20 in the shade is blimmin hot in the sun!

Edited by Cooter

It would appear to be a beautiful day in Buckinghamshire. Already had a topless coffee in the sun. 

Sorry to those of you eating breakfast, not a pretty image these day 😂

All forecasts worry me this year.

48 hours before Bearded Theory the forecast was for little or no rain on the Wednesday. We had over 70mm, more than a months rain in a day and setting a new rainfall record.

3 days ago the forecast for next week was 20 degrees plus sunny and warm. Now the forecast is 11 degrees with showers and rain and even 'wintery showers' over the highest ground.

The weather pattern has gone bonkers and on several occasions this year has little or no historical similarities to use to forecast accurately hence getting things so wrong.

All that said - all my faith is in the monthly forecasts the BBC and Met Office have out now cos they have to be right sooner or later.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

All forecasts worry me this year.

48 hours before Bearded Theory the forecast was for little or no rain on the Wednesday. We had over 70mm, more than a months rain in a day and setting a new rainfall record.

3 days ago the forecast for next week was 20 degrees plus sunny and warm. Now the forecast is 11 degrees with showers and rain and even 'wintery showers' over the highest ground.

The weather pattern has gone bonkers and on several occasions this year has little or no historical similarities to use to forecast accurately hence getting things so wrong.

All that said - all my faith is in the monthly forecasts the BBC and Met Office have out now cos they have to be right sooner or later.

The weather across Northern Europe in general at the moment is unsettled which is why the forecasts are all over the place.

5 hours ago, Spindles said:

It's as beautiful a day out there today as a British summer could provide.  A little of that flavour at the festival would be nice indeed.

Totally agree. Air temp not especially high but it’s completely irrelevant when the June sun is out

On 6/2/2024 at 1:16 AM, DareToDibble said:

Trainers* weather only. Keep the faith.

*Unless you're one of them mad people I've seen in flip flops the last few years. 

In 2017, I wore Toms for pretty much the whole festival, such was the weather.

…now I’ve got pretty bad Achilles tendinitis. Stay safe out there kids!

Edited by TheDayman

On 6/2/2024 at 12:16 AM, DareToDibble said:

*Unless you're one of them mad people I've seen in flip flops the last few years. 

I still turned up for a day trip to the final night of Reading 2011 in box-fresh white trainers.

A decision I regretted very quickly given how muddy the ground was.

On 6/2/2024 at 12:16 AM, DareToDibble said:

Last year I wore my Birkenstock sandals the entire time. My tan lines were ridiculous. But they were so comfy!