The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

2 hours ago, Drew3232 said:

Calling it now. Same weather as we are experiencing now - mixed. But it isn't gonna piss down and we're bound to have at least one lovely day.

Cold at night. Gonna need to dance to keep warm, so that sucks.

Completely disagree, nothing more than a week away is locked in. 

Theres a few positive signs out there that we could get some proper heat and dryness - but its only eye candy at the moment. This time last year we were all panicking but look how that turned out. This pattern is bound to break up sooner rather than later.

The picture will only get clearer once we start reaching the end of next week.

In West Yorks met office said heavy showers at 2pm then it changed to 3pm. Now its 4pm and still no sign of the said heavy showers. In other thrilling news I've been putting my heating on.  It's always a bit warmer down south and us northerners will be there in our shorts whatever the weather. 

Just now, sunnyshoes said:

In West Yorks met office said heavy showers at 2pm then it changed to 3pm. Now its 4pm and still no sign of the said heavy showers. In other thrilling news I've been putting my heating on.  It's always a bit warmer down south and us northerners will be there in our shorts whatever the weather. 

Yep heating on here in Haworth, West Yorkshire for 2 hours today.

Temp inside the house was 11c :/ 

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Yep heating on here in Haworth, West Yorkshire for 2 hours today.

Temp inside the house was 11c 😕

Reporting in from Denby Dale.  Freezing earlier (12 degC) but warming a bit now.  Showers earlier but nothing to write home about.

The forecasts for the site have been saying unsettled/showers/cool for the middle of June fairly consistently.  The build won't be too badly affected if that's the case - certainly no 2016.  End of June seems to be swerving more towards warmer/drier and long may that continue.  But as @briddj says "Too Early!".

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Absolutely no idea why I chose Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Zukovsky as my avatar many years ago....

It's class though.

Right, this is getting serious now. 8 degrees only during the day here today! Windy, blustery, full on winter coats weather.  DISGUSTING.

So i'm coming here to say: you all need to stop compromising with this "I'll take cold as long as it's dry" nonsense. NO. Stop that, the weather gods are listening. There's too much of it. STOP IT! Start making your sacrifices instead. We're running out of time.

*off to bury a sausage

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Alison C said:

We all need to start burying our sausages.

In parts of the UK, especially Scotland and northern England, there's a quirky tradition of burying a sausage to bring good weather 🤣🤣🤣

Try it out and see if it helps?

9 hours ago, Alison C said:

We all need to start burying our sausages.

In parts of the UK, especially Scotland and northern England, there's a quirky tradition of burying a sausage to bring good weather 🤣🤣🤣

Its Glastonbury, we have to bury a twix

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, rlandy95 said:

Completely disagree, nothing more than a week away is locked in. 

Theres a few positive signs out there that we could get some proper heat and dryness - but its only eye candy at the moment. This time last year we were all panicking but look how that turned out. This pattern is bound to break up sooner rather than later.

The picture will only get clearer once we start reaching the end of next week.

That’s an excellent point, I remember dubbing my boots and didn’t even take them with me in the end. 

There’s been no sustained spell of hot weather in this country since the last Glastonbury… apart from a couple of days last September where it was 30 degrees plus and the odd day where it’s got over 23degrees this year.

I know this because due to the absolutely wild heat of 2022, I bought a sizeable air conditioner in May 2023…

I’ve used it twice.  One was to test it was working.  Other 1 was that 2 days of 30 degree heat.

6 minutes ago, mikeyb123 said:

There’s been no sustained spell of hot weather in this country since the last Glastonbury… apart from a couple of days last September where it was 30 degrees plus and the odd day where it’s got over 23degrees this year.

I know this because due to the absolutely wild heat of 2022, I bought a sizeable air conditioner in May 2023…

I’ve used it twice.  One was to test it was working.  Other 1 was that 2 days of 30 degree heat.

Are you saying you cursed it Mikey? Have you considered selling it in approximately 2 weeks time?