The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Taken my daily glance at jetstream forecast and today the model has significantly improved:

IMG_6758.jpeg.7349bb3abea58ad96f92fd741898b825.jpeg

it jumps about a lot, day by day, but if this pattern stays then it’s gonna warm up at least, hopefully high pressure too 🤞🤞

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

Taken my daily glance at jetstream forecast and today the model has significantly improved:

it jumps about a lot, day by day, but if this pattern stays then it’s gonna warm up at least, hopefully high pressure too 🤞🤞

I'd take it just warming up tbh.

If weathers not cracking flags, but you're at least warm it's much better.

It was 9c last night, if you're out late in that temp you need to be proper wrapped up. 

12 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

Seems to be a low degree of confidence from Met Office of any significant change happening - as reported on Beeb website this afternoon. Alludes to some models producing a change 🤔

15 minutes ago, kpins said:

Calvin Harris would have been better. He's made his fortune making cheese. 

David Guetta too. Both massive international cheese mongers. 

Horrendous stuff. 

Edited by danbailey80

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Seems to be a low degree of confidence from Met Office of any significant change happening - as reported on Beeb website this afternoon. Alludes to some models producing a change 🤔

No way they are going to go in two feet on a big change on the way two weeks out.

38 minutes ago, briddj said:

No way they are going to go in two feet on a big change on the way two weeks out.

Briddj - whens your first actual post of confidence to look out for?

What date? 

I absolutely adore the festival, but I'm telling you now, if it was like it is in my part of Somerset right now, I'd be driving in on Friday morning and gambling on a camping spot. Cold, wet and 40mph winds as I type. 

Better now than in a fortnight but f**k me, what terrible weather for February, let alone the middle of June.

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I absolutely adore the festival, but I'm telling you now, if it was like it is in my part of Somerset right now, I'd be driving in on Friday morning and gambling on a camping spot. Cold, wet and 40mph winds as I type. 

Better now than in a fortnight but f**k me, what terrible weather for February, let alone the middle of June.

First time the hoodies come out today for several weeks 

I bought some walking boots today, first time in my life I’ve owned a pair.

The wife has shelled out for a fancy new waterproof jacket, which can apparently withstand the force of an atomic bomb.

With this in mind, it’ll be a scorcher and both purchases will remain unused. 

• Like 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

First time the hoodies come out today for several weeks 

It's crazy. Our heating came on this afternoon, as it does automatically when it drops below a certain temperature. As I say, better to get it out of the way this week. Shame for those on site though, not to mention those at Download. Complete opposite to last year's weather.

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's crazy. Our heating came on this afternoon, as it does automatically when it drops below a certain temperature. As I say, better to get it out of the way this week. Shame for those on site though, not to mention those at Download. Complete opposite to last year's 

We've had it like this in the east for weeks! Fires on. Daddy long legs and spiders all started coming in the house like it's autumn...

The sun has GOT to break through for the festival. We've had temps as low as 8 degrees during the day this week 😫

I've got online shopping baskets full of fleeces and joggers. Will give it until Thursday...

1 hour ago, Sheffield Steve said:

After 5 very warm months in a row, June is still doing its best to break that sequence.  It can’t carry on this cold, it just can’t…. 🥶

image.thumb.png.77d33f2f33850013b1ea5e2cd46247a4.png

I am so confused about May being the warmest on record. How can that be?? I'm pretty sure I can remember warmer Mays in the last five years!