The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

19 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

If the jet stream is south of us then you'll get high pressure and cold temps. Over us will be low pressure and wind. North of us, high pressure and warm temps.

Nah. We just ignore the strange runs in here as outliers.

5 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I went shopping yesterday and had no idea what to buy clothes wise. I normally go at this time of year but yesterday I genuinely had no idea whether to buy hoodies or vest tops 🤷🏻‍♂️

Both?

6 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Now that is a finger.  This is Monday of festival week.   ECM maintaining its prediction of a rise in pressure… this would be warm and dry…

IMG_4369.thumb.jpeg.354ba7519caf6a23306b500a6ab6bf77.jpeg

Steve that's genuinely sexual, sorry to take it there but it is. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Now that is a finger.  This is Monday of festival week.   ECM maintaining its prediction of a rise in pressure… this would be warm and dry…

Bring on the finger! 

2 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I went shopping yesterday and had no idea what to buy clothes wise. I normally go at this time of year but yesterday I genuinely had no idea whether to buy hoodies or vest tops 🤷🏻‍♂️

Buy wet weather gear as an offering to the weather gods.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, BigMarv said:

I'm currently in the middle east. The mercury is topping out at 43 Celsius. It's too hot to go outside. My vitamin D levels are at an all time low, due to avoiding the outside. Even the locals complain about this time of year. However, if it was possible to transport this godforsaken weather to Somerset at the end of June when I come back, I'd 100% choose this over a wet Glastonbury, anyone saying different has never experienced a wet glastonbury. There has yet to be a scale invented to differentiate the experience.

How do you enjoy a Glastonbury in weather that prevents you from going outside?

• Upvote 1

its very meh down here today (10mins from site). The last 24hrs its looked like its going to shag it down but it doesnt. Cold, windy & grey but its dry....for now. 

Went out for a ride last night, even after a bit of rain, there isnt any mud or standing water on the Mendips. 

*Edit - shouldnt have posted this, it just started shagging it down. 

Edited by bennyboi

fkin 43 degrees in a tent 😄 not even a fresh and black can deal with that. hard nope. 

I'd be abandoning my shifts, tents and stuff and disappearing off to an icebox at anything above 30 - i went to a day festival in Melbourne a few years ago and that was 36, it was seriously hard work. the moshpit for Fear Factory was more like a lazy stir of a coffee spoon than a whirling dervish of frenzied activity. Dealt with a minorly rainy Bearded Theory just a few weeks ago that was knacked underfoot, but otherwise fine - and glastonbury has a hundred times the sitting capacity here and there. I dont care how much it annoys the hardcore, a drop of rain here and there is fine for me. I'm made of very delicate skin! 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't even recall last year being particularly hot - and obviously there was real threat of rain on the Sunday.

Midday Sat last year was very hot. I’m usually okay (ish) but I did have to retreat with the missus to safety of the comedy & circus tents for a few hours.

If it wasn’t for the mojitos being sold close by it could have been dangerous 😉

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Overcast, no rain, very light breeze ATM

On site. Ground is fine, yesterday’s rain made little difference 

Some day for the emotions, feel very committed to @briddj then @Sheffield Steve comes up trumps and takes my affections, then out of nowhere @Skip997 comes out of nowhere with this absolute beautiful information. 

What a Friday. 

1 hour ago, Sheffield Steve said:

FINGER ME!!!! 😉 

In reality, I expect it to be changeable this time round.  It's always "knife edge" but I reckon that this time, the unsettled patterns are stuck with us.

1 minute ago, Drfoxxx said:

The Messiah Big Gav's weather update tonight, I feel it's going to be a good one. No wellies, no walking boots & no waterproofs will be needed 🤞

This is careless / wild speech - something that should be punished if things turn bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

This is careless / wild speech - something that should be punished if things turn bad. 

I'll take the risk, June has been awful and the good times are around the corner 😄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Midday Sat last year was very hot. I’m usually okay (ish) but I did have to retreat with the missus to safety of the comedy & circus tents for a few hours.

If it wasn’t for the mojitos being sold close by it could have been dangerous 😉

So during Rick Astley and then Raye?

lots of clouds about and quite a breeze blowing. Chicken feed.