The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

the sound of rain on a tent when youre in the warm and have just had a wee before getting 'indoors' - thats a bloody excellent sound.Thats a definite rain positive. 

Now look, to appease you militant weather lot, i'll accept a couple of showers on the monday night before you get there

I love that sound when it's like 4am and you know its only a passing shower 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, as long as it’s only rain that’s sprinkling on the out side of the tent at that time in the morning😉😊

Haha definitely a different sound that 🤣 

4 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

yea i think someone pissed on ours way back in the day

Someone had a sh*t it my mates shower tent and then they must have let themselves into their awning because they left a pack of walnuts and some wooden Ray Ban sunglasses . My mate sold them on eBay🤣

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Someone had a sh*t it my mates shower tent and then they must have let themselves into their awning because they left a pack of walnuts and some wooden Ray Ban sunglasses . My mate sold them on eBay🤣

Revenge is a dish always best served cold

19 minutes ago, gazzared said:

How much did he get for the walnuts?

• Like 1

I so wish all the early forecasts were not so good. Given what 2024 has thrown at us so far and how often promise has ben replaced by crap I have the fear.....................................

but

The beautiful weather in 2023 broke on Monday as Glastonbury had ended and by the middle of that week the pattern of wet, cooler and generally not great weather had set in.

Will we get the total opposite this year with finally this pattern of gloom replaced by this thing I am told would be called summer?

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I so wish all the early forecasts were not so good. Given what 2024 has thrown at us so far and how often promise has ben replaced by crap I have the fear.....................................

but

The beautiful weather in 2023 broke on Monday as Glastonbury had ended and by the middle of that week the pattern of wet, cooler and generally not great weather had set in.

Will we get the total opposite this year with finally this pattern of gloom replaced by this thing I am told would be called summer?

I agree with you. It's too soon for these excellent forecasts.