The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Will you all stop crying about the weather! Nobody on here can predict exactly what is going to be like this far out so just prepare accordingly. If its wet and muddy you've two choices, plan for it and get on with it or stay at home. The weather models will change daily. Look forward to a good weekend regardless! 

Edited by JORDO
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, JORDO said:

Will you all stop crying about the weather! Nobody on here can predict exactly what is going to be like this far out so just prepare accordingly. If its wet and muddy you've two choices, plan for it and get on with it or stay at home. The weather models will change daily. Look forward to a good weekend regardless! 

No we certainly won't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JORDO said:

But we find it fun to cry about the weather... don't rain on the weather thread

3 minutes ago, JORDO said:

Shush now rando, people are trying to work / predict.

12 minutes ago, JORDO said:

Are you new here? I think he’s new. 

• Like 1

Not liking the look of 06hz GFS run at the critical period - low pressure making deeper inroads and angled directly at the UK. However if it clears away faster, its not necessarily a bad thing - we just don't want it lingering.

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

This is looking worse than the 00Z.....

Think realistically now, that's 5 bad runs out last 7?

Likely now we're heading towards a wet one.

Very very annoying but can't be helped.

Bring waterproofs and good footwear, prepare to trudge.

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Image of Hey, lighten up, jerk!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The only positive of a wet festival is that it might make ticket day a bit easier next time. It's been so long since out last muddy one that there are huge chunks of people who have only experienced dry, beautiful slop free Glastonbury's.

A sticky messy affair might put them off.. I hope.. maybe.

I personally find it crazy how different this already is, the postioning and sizes of lows could not be more different to the 00Z. Everything feels very, very uncertain as to what the actual outcome will be in 6-10 days. 

image.thumb.png.2996c72dc16baf7abc42aab40a1ff1ee.png

Just now, rlandy95 said:

I personally find it crazy how different this already is, the postioning and sizes of lows could not be more different to the 00Z. Everything feels very, very uncertain as to what the actual outcome will be in 6-10 days. 

image.thumb.png.2996c72dc16baf7abc42aab40a1ff1ee.png

So is this one more positive haha?

5 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

The only positive of a wet festival is that it might make ticket day a bit easier next time. It's been so long since out last muddy one that there are huge chunks of people who have only experienced dry, beautiful slop free Glastonbury's.

A sticky messy affair might put them off.. I hope.. maybe.

Didn't happen for 2017

8 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

With respect, I think you might be letting this get to you too much - these computer modelled charts, enjoyable as they are, are all basically voodoo this far out. It'll be fine, you'll have a great time, the weather will be okay 

4 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

TBH this looks like it's going to show the low clearing quicker over the weekend, so potentially a sh*tty Wednesday followed by drier conditions?

I think that's the ideal scenario - it seems fairly likely that the low will visit us at some point now, we just want it shunted off quickly so high pressure can build back in before another low arrives.

1 minute ago, Danny T said:

So is this one more positive haha?

I don't know if I would go as far to say that (yet) 😅 more alluding to the fact that the models are struggling to pin down the exact postioning of everything.