The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

3 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

👏 very good 🤣 but the the reports have moved over the past few days ' I'll trow in a pair of jeans just in case hahahah!!

Jeans ... heaven forbid 🙂 thats levels above trousers for issues 🙂 

Tuesday 25 Jun - Thursday 4 Jul

Predominantly fine and settled at first for much of the country and much warmer than we have seen in recent weeks. However, some thicker cloud could bring some outbreaks of mostly light to northwestern areas. There is some uncertainty in how long this warm, settled weather will persist over the UK and there is a chance that conditions could transition back closer to average towards the end of next week. This transition brings with it the risk of some showers or longer periods of rain and potentially some thunderstorms, particularly in the south, from the end of next week. However, the remainder of the period is more likely to be settled with temperatures above average.

Met Office update still reckons the weather is more likely to be settled, but presumably the latest operational runs are what they're referring to when they talk about a transition back to average conditions bringing showers/longer periods of rain and potentially thunderstorms in the south.

8 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

👏 very good 🤣 but the the reports have moved over the past few days ' I'll trow in a pair of jeans just in case hahahah!!

Jeans get wet, and then restrict movement and take ages to dry. Best with shorts and just get your legs wet. Easier to dry the that denim!! Which is a pity as I go against the fashionistas and wear double denim sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Jeans get wet, and then restrict movement and take ages to dry. Best with shorts and just get your legs wet. Easier to dry the that denim!! Which is a pity as I go against the fashionistas and wear double denim sometimes. 

Double denim is the most fashionista! 

I agree, I’m resigned to the weather being bad and redone my packing lists accordingly 😞

42 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

I've been away for the past couple of days at a work thing. Everyone was loving life when I left, the vibes gone downhill what's happened since then?!

4/5 cooler and wetter runs in a row sadly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

All signs towards weather turning sadly so resigned to that, enjoy the balmy Monday Tuesday 

It's not over yet ffs!

8 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

The Met Office has fallen.

The apps had to react to the level of doubt that has appeared, but we're still alive.