Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

6 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

That was a one off tour.

but Peter Gabriel in some form (west holts headliner? But too big maybe) is not a bad shout 

Sting did a joint tour with Paul Simon which was amazing too

Not suitable

Not enough of a party vibe. He's a Pyramid act.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

You would think. His kids are the band, some more active - and capable - than others.

Wow, that's disappointing.

I saw his set in 2007 and it was probably my favourite thing I saw that year.

I also saw some of the lockdown videos he did with his kids, and they were.. ok.. in a "it'll do for lockdown" kinda way, but at no point did I think that it needed to go on the road.

Just now, incident said:

Wow, that's disappointing.

I saw his set in 2007 and it was probably my favourite thing I saw that year.

I also saw some of the lockdown videos he did with his kids, and they were.. ok.. in a "it'll do for lockdown" kinda way, but at no point did I think that it needed to go on the road.

Yeh. One of his kids ran around the audience dressed as a Leprechaun at one of his recent Dublin shows.

image.jpeg.e3389fe38b96f91edcad57afa59b72cb.jpeg

22 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

That was a one off tour.

but Peter Gabriel in some form (west holts headliner? But too big maybe) is not a bad shout 

Sting did a joint tour with Paul Simon which was amazing too

west holts would be most appropriate  as it was "the womad stage" one year long ago.

or those who don't know, peter is the founder of womad festival, along with thomas brroonan, and glastonbury booker martin elbourne [martin used to work for peter]).

=============

i've seen peter perform a few times and always found him a bit dull i've also met him, and had him pull into a petrol station where i was filling up for him to fill up, he got out gave me a wave and said "alright mate". 🙂

(that was one of the cooler moments in my life 😎)

best one: i was talking to jarvis cocker after watching tom tom club in London, when chris frantz walked over, stuck out his hand for me to shake, and said "hello neil".

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

or those who don't know, peter is the founder of womad festival, along with thomas brroonan, and glastonbury booker martin elbourne [martin used to work for peter]).

Maybe he'd headline Womad instead. If he's in the mood for festivals, that one seems perfect.

36 minutes ago, Neil said:

west holts would be most appropriate  as it was "the womad stage" one year long ago.

=============

i've seen peter perform a few times and always found him a bit dull i've also met him, and had him pull into a petrol station where i was filling up for him to fill up, he got out gave me a wave and said "alright mate". 🙂

(that was one of the cooler moments in my life 😎)

best one: i was talking to jarvis cocker after watching tom tom club in London, when chris frantz walked over, stuck out his hand for me to shake, and said "hello neil".

I wonder whether if prefers not to play other rival festivals as he has his own festival etc. 

He's not played until 1994. 

On 10/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, 1986 said:

Saying this with no info on his touring activity but, how 'bout Sting?

I was mega excited this year when I realised he was touring right around Glasto and thought he was a definite.  Until I looked closer at the dates - he wasn't touring abound Glasto but through.  Gutted.