Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

15 minutes ago, themuel said:

I’ve not checked in here in a while. Has the Spice Girls chatter gone?

The Spice Girls were only ever chatter, and only ever from their side with a couple of their members trying to manifest it by bringing it up at every chance.

When Emily was asked about them, she came as close as I've ever seen her to giving a dismissive answer so doesn't sound like the festival have any interest in the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, incident said:

The Spice Girls were only ever chatter, and only ever from their side with a couple of their members trying to manifest it by bringing it up at every chance.

When Emily was asked about them, she came as close as I've ever seen her to giving a dismissive answer so doesn't sound like the festival have any interest in the foreseeable.

I think she said "that's not a conversation we're having" when asked about Spice Girls which is probably the strongest dumb down I've heard her say!

Edited by ProperTea

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Has Stevie Nicks been ruled out now? That would be so good as we are v unlikely to ever see FM again. 

I have all my things crossed that it's Stevie, but it's going to be Cher, isn't it?

I'm hoping for a climb down on fees from the only female living legend that I can think of that's worth even bothering with. That's of course ignoring the other one, who will never do it.

Although she'd be better headlining WH

Edited by Skip997

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'm hoping for a climb down on fees from the only female living legend that I can think of that's worth even bothering with. That's of course ignoring the other one, who will never do it.

Although she'd be better headlining WH

Grace Jones played Bluedot and Love Supreme last year so I'm sure if Glasto really wanted her, they could afford her. 

Who's the one who will never do it? 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Grace Jones played Bluedot and Love Supreme last year so I'm sure if Glasto really wanted her, they could afford her. 

Who's the one who will never do it? 

Problem is Grace isn’t getting top of the poster billing Legend slot, she’d be offered something like Holts headliner instead which I’m sure is a significantly smaller fee. Can’t imagine they’ve not tried to book her so something is getting in the way of it happening.

Just now, danbailey80 said:

This is hideous. At 44 secs she forgets she's miming and the mic isn't even near her. Awful. 

I'd choose Stevie over this any day. 

I've been reliably informed by the efests massive that the ability to sing or even mime properly is totally irrelevant for a Pyramid performer, esp one doing the "legends" slot.

What are the options we are down to?

Cher: doing some stuff but nothing concrete in the way of dates.

Stevie: has some tour dates booked in with Billy Joel throughout 2024, don't think anything outside the US is yet announced.

Shania: Doing a Vegas residency in 2024. Break from end of May until August, said she'd like to play the Legends Slot. 

Any more? Most others seem very unlikely (Bush, Lennox) or more likely to play a different Slot if they did do it (Chaka, Grace Jones).

Any more?