Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

On 11/24/2023 at 5:01 PM, OllieMadd said:

Very evident auto tune and still sounds rough.

I can assure there is no autotune here. 

I personally love her voice these days. Yes it’s aged and she had to change a few melodies back around 2000 as she can’t get high these days but there’s a wonderful gravitas to it as she tells these stories. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

It is a rehash of a S*n scoop so the usual caveats apply. I'm a little sceptical that GA are indeed top of the Glasto wishlist for the slot as allegedly quoted although would have fitted in with an Avalon booking pre-Sugababes crowd issues.

Nah. Always too big for the Avalon. They're pretty much Pyramid or nothing.

35 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I can assure there is no autotune here. 

I personally love her voice these days. Yes it’s aged and she had to change a few melodies back around 2000 as she can’t get high these days but there’s a wonderful gravitas to it as she tells these stories. 

Me too, think it's wonderful. If you get the chance to see Fleetwood Bac, do it, their "Stevie" is amazing.

2 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

It's Girls Aloud according to the Maily Dail (link to the.text only site so they don't get any ad revenue):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/textbased/tvshowbiz/text-12791653/Girls-Aloud-play-Glastonbury-honour-Sarah-Harding.html

They ruled themselves out on the one show , hadn’t been asked and weren’t available 

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Me too, think it's wonderful. If you get the chance to see Fleetwood Bac, do it, their "Stevie" is amazing.

Rumours of Fleetwood Mac are also an ace FM tribute band, highly recommended if you get the chance. Loads on YouTube 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:02 PM, Gnomicide said:

What are the options we are down to?

Cher: doing some stuff but nothing concrete in the way of dates.

Stevie: has some tour dates booked in with Billy Joel throughout 2024, don't think anything outside the US is yet announced.

Shania: Doing a Vegas residency in 2024. Break from end of May until August, said she'd like to play the Legends Slot. 

Any more? Most others seem very unlikely (Bush, Lennox) or more likely to play a different Slot if they did do it (Chaka, Grace Jones).

Any more?

If it's Cher or Stevie and I'm not in Worthy Farm next June I swear to god my head will explode.

Shania Twain would be good but I still feel like I'll have a few more chances to see her at some point

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thewomble said:

If it's Cher or Stevie and I'm not in Worthy Farm next June I swear to god my head will explode.

Shania Twain would be good but I still feel like I'll have a few more chances to see her at some point

Pretty much this. If it is to be one of those three, then Shania would be 3rd on my list but would still be good I'm sure.

17 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Are you serious? It's really blatant, especially after the first verse.

I'm sure. Her voice is very unique sounding these days. Also the youtube video is slightly out of sink, which is why you might be thinking that. 

Even if they were using autotune post production (for the odd note) then you wouldn't notice. Autotune can do it's job and be very subtle or it can be deliberate as an effect (like Cher). Not sure what you're hearing but it is not autotune. 

Edited by danbailey80

1 minute ago, IBCanon said:

Maybe Tom Jones? He is touring around those dates.

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's already done it.

We also know from Emily that it's a woman.