2024 Stage Predictions

On 1/18/2024 at 9:47 PM, Sorcha17 said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1141334985178091700/1197658056104886332/glasto24final.jpg?ex=65bc10fb&is=65a99bfb&hm=ebd02c50ae598f157f232a618f7db4e90c2dac6dd8ae31c53bc45c5aef4e7fe8&

Fri: Pete Tong Ibiza Classics -> Cyndi Lauper -> Olivia Dean -> TBA (Kasabian) -> Barry Can't Swim/Dave -> Stevie Wonder

Sat: Busted/Wunderhorse/Tyla -> Kool and the Gang/Cage the Elephant -> The Killers/Ice Spice -> Kali Uchis/Troye Sivan -> Dua Lipa/Pulp/Jungle

Sun: Kenya Grace -> Sugababes -> Shania Twain -> Rema/Sister Sledge -> Doja Cat -> Coldplay/Justice

6 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I'm going for Pulp, Sting/Kasabian, Olivia Rodrigo as a sub doing Glastonbury as her only festival show.

Sting/Kasabian subbing Stevie

Pulp under Dua Lipa

Olivia under Coldplay.

Kasabian a festival exclusive at Latitude so unlikely they’ll be playing Glastonbury.

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

I'm going for Pulp, Sting/Kasabian, Olivia Rodrigo as a sub doing Glastonbury as her only festival show.

Sting/Kasabian subbing Stevie

Pulp under Dua Lipa

Olivia under Coldplay.

Sting, Pulp and Olivia would be a cracking trio of subs. Would probably skip Pulp depending on alternatives as I’ll see them at Primavera in May. 

9 minutes ago, foolee said:

Sting, Pulp and Olivia would be a cracking trio of subs. Would probably skip Pulp depending on alternatives as I’ll see them at Primavera in May. 

Yeah if you put those 3 under the suggested headliners nothing is beating that. I have just suggested though I wonder if Biffy Clyro are returning here, by far the biggest gap they've had and for where they currently are a Glastonbury sub slot is a good shout for them. I get when when Fender did Victorious too he was bumped up but no one saw it as undeserved.

34 minutes ago, foolee said:

That would be very strong set of subs.

On 1/15/2024 at 8:44 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So, if the rumours circulating are correct, we could be looking at something like:

Friday

Pyramid

Stevie Wonder

Olivia Rodrigo

Other

Chemical Brothers

Saturday

Pyramid

Dua Lipa

Pulp

Other

Bring Me The Horizon 

Sunday

Pyramid 

Coldplay

Dave

Other

The National 

Chems aren't about - i swear theres nothing suggesting they will play at present

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Chems aren't about - i swear theres nothing suggesting they will play at present

That's a good thing. As much as I love em, another Other Stage headline spot would be pretty uninspired. 

My BMTH prediction got correctly blown out of the water too!

I'm loving the fact that we hardly have any real definitive information this year. Some rumours from sources who've been right in the past and a whole bunch of guesswork. It's great.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's a good thing. As much as I love em, another Other Stage headline spot would be pretty uninspired. 

My BMTH prediction got correctly blown out of the water too!

I'm loving the fact that we hardly have any real definitive information this year. Some rumours from sources who've been right in the past and a whole bunch of guesswork. It's great.

BMTH are free Sunday and often do 3 or even 4 day stretches of gigs so they could still do the Sunday, although it would be a wild schedule for them to do so possibly unlikely. 

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah they don’t have anything lined up past March and aren’t booked for any festivals so I think they’re out.

I'll be a bit sad if they aren't there, but it will at least justify getting tix for RAH.  I had convinced myself they would be on the Other stage this year (based on nothing).

There still seems like lot's of potential Other Stage headliners.

I think that looks most likely is The National on the Sunday.  Beyond that I've lost track a bit.

Just now, FloopFiller said:

BMTH are free Sunday and often do 3 or even 4 day stretches of gigs so they could still do the Sunday, although it would be a wild schedule for them to do so possibly unlikely. 

Yeah, I had em down for Saturday, cos I'm pretty sure The National might take up that Other spot. Ahh, f**k it, what do I know?! 😃

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Would be pretty up for BMTH on the Sunday but I think my wife would be less than keen.  Been playing Kool Aid a lot.

I would rather have the National than BMTH though if I had to pick one.

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'll be a bit sad if they aren't there, but it will at least justify getting tix for RAH. 

Fair play. I couldn't justify a ticket price which is a the third of the cost of a Glastonbury ticket. 

It'll be amazing in that space, though. The RAH is one of my absolute favourite venues.

2 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

PY - Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Stevie Wonder

OT – Doja Cat, Pulp, The National

WH – Chaka Khan, Jungle, Jessie Ware     

WO – Suede, Justice, PJ Harvey

PA -  Smile, Brittany Howard, Underworld

A couple of bad clashes there:

Pulp vs Jungle vs Justice

Also why are several people putting Justice on WO? Great booking, dreadful venue.

33 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

PY - Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Stevie Wonder

OT – Doja Cat, Pulp, The National

WH – Chaka Khan, Jungle, Jessie Ware     

WO – Suede, Justice, PJ Harvey

PA -  Smile, Brittany Howard, Underworld

Chaka Khan v Coldplay the only clash 😢

57 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

A couple of bad clashes there:

Pulp vs Jungle vs Justice

Also why are several people putting Justice on WO? Great booking, dreadful venue.

Am I silly or would the Other be too much for them?

West Holts again would be perfect however.

4 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Am I silly or would the Other be too much for them?

West Holts again would be perfect however.

Judging by the crowd last time, and the reports from those that saw them encouraging others*, I think the Other would be fine.

Although I prefer West Holts.

* One the best sets I've ever seen anywhere

Edited by Skip997