2024 Stage Predictions

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Will Mumford and Sons ever get near the site again? Mumford solo, maybe.

Yeah, I reckon they probably will.

They were rumoured to be doing some form of secret set in 2020 though not sure exactly what that'd have been. Since then the one that was spouting Trumpish bollocks has quit and so I can't see any reason the rest would be turned away*.

Obviously nowhere near the level they were once at, and they'd need to be placed accordingly but if they were prepared to accept an early in the day slot on the Pyramid or an Acoustic Headline both would seem viable placements for them and there'd still be enough of an audience.

*some comedian will say "because they're crap" - yes, I don't disagree, but that's not going to stop them getting booked.

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Baffling they’re still a thing 

Perhaps so, but then...

2 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah, I reckon they probably will.

Obviously nowhere near the level they were once at, and they'd need to be placed accordingly but if they were prepared to accept an early in the day slot on the Pyramid or an Acoustic Headline both would seem viable placements for them and there'd still be enough of an audience.

I would take an hour of them. I saw the back half at Leeds Festival in 2015 and had a surprisingly grand time with them. The Wolf rips live.

alright all, been lurking here for a while but never posted. been going glasto since 2014.

i know people are confident the streets will be playing anyway, but a friend's brother plays in the live band and told us they're playing the other stage right before the headliner. i think they said it's on the saturday night but that's the only part i'm not 100% on.

thought maybe the specific stage and time might be of interest to some people given the info drought. cheers!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

alright all, been lurking here for a while but never posted. been going glasto since 2014.

i know people are confident the streets will be playing anyway, but a friend's brother plays in the live band and told us they're playing the other stage right before the headliner. i think they said it's on the saturday night but that's the only part i'm not 100% on.

thought maybe the specific stage and time might be of interest to some people given the info drought. cheers!

welcome to the forum ... thanks for the info 

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Streets second down on the Other on Saturday.

Intriguing.

yeah. i wasn't fussed to go see them headline john peel in 2019 (in fact i've never watched a JP/woodsies headliner), but i do think watching them play that slot on other stage could be fun

1 minute ago, turkey twizzler said:

yeah. i wasn't fussed to go see them headline john peel in 2019 (in fact i've never watched a JP/woodsies headliner), but i do think watching them play that slot on other stage could be fun

The problem I find is that I've yet to find the courage to skip a Pyramid headliner in fear I'll miss something.

Had I gone last year, think I would have passed on Arctic Monkeys, but no idea where I would have gone. Probably Hot Chip.

19 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The problem I find is that I've yet to find the courage to skip a Pyramid headliner in fear I'll miss something.

Had I gone last year, think I would have passed on Arctic Monkeys, but no idea where I would have gone. Probably Hot Chip.

You've seen every Pyramid headliner whenever you've gone?? Wow!

Honestly you won't be missing out if you skip them. I don't have any hatred of the Pyramid stage especially but at headliner magic is happening all over the site.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Honestly you won't be missing out if you skip them. I don't have any hatred of the Pyramid stage especially but at headliner magic is happening all over the site.

Fully agree with this one! Saw all pyramid headliners over the first couple years we went, but skipped some the last two festivals (Billie Eilish -> Foals, Kendrick -> Pet Shop Boys, AM -> Freya Ridings) and had a grand time at all of them! 

And there is quite a few headliners that in hindsight I would have been better of with skipping them 😅

58 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Ah, I've only been twice! I think that relative novice status explains it for me.

53 minutes ago, Primalcrux said:

Fully agree with this one! Saw all pyramid headliners over the first couple years we went, but skipped some the last two festivals (Billie Eilish -> Foals, Kendrick -> Pet Shop Boys, AM -> Freya Ridings) and had a grand time at all of them! 

And there is quite a few headliners that in hindsight I would have been better of with skipping them 😅

With the benefit of hindsight, there's two - maybe three - I should have skipped. I shouldn't have bothered with Muse (2016) and Ed Sheeran (2017) because I saw both do practically the same - or superior versions of - show on those tours in the run-up. Should have done Underworld / Sigur Ros for the former, and Justice for the latter.

The only other one is Foo Fighters (2017), but that's questionable. I saw 'em at Milton Keynes Bowl on the Broken Leg run and felt they were average; some serious sound issues meant Everlong was butchered as the opener, and Iggy Pop blew 'em off-stage in support, even with a John Paul Jones and Roger Taylor cameo. The Glastonbury show was a definite improvement, but I still walked away feeling a little underwhelmed. Probably should have seen Phoenix.

Conversely, Adele, Coldplay (2016) and Radiohead (2017) were all the right choice for me. Probably have all three shows in my ten best festival gigs ever. Just worked for me on so many levels!

Thank you for listening 😅

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ah, I've only been twice! I think that relative novice status explains it for me.

With the benefit of hindsight, there's two - maybe three - I should have skipped. I shouldn't have bothered with Muse (2016) and Ed Sheeran (2017) because I saw both do practically the same - or superior versions of - show on those tours in the run-up. Should have done Underworld / Sigur Ros for the former, and Justice for the latter.

The only other one is Foo Fighters (2017), but that's questionable. I saw 'em at Milton Keynes Bowl on the Broken Leg run and felt they were average; some serious sound issues meant Everlong was butchered as the opener, and Iggy Pop blew 'em off-stage in support, even with a John Paul Jones and Roger Taylor cameo. The Glastonbury show was a definite improvement, but I still walked away feeling a little underwhelmed. Probably should have seen Phoenix.

Conversely, Adele, Coldplay (2016) and Radiohead (2017) were all the right choice for me. Probably have all three shows in my ten best festival gigs ever. Just worked for me on so many levels!

If you like dancing then I’d highly recommend a West Holts headliner, I think Underworld and Justice there are two of my favourite sets on the farm, plus instant access to SE after to keep the party going. I like you went to all 6 headliners in my first 2 years (inexplicably including Mumford in 2013) but now probably average one a year max as I tend to have more fun on other stages. In 2019 I didn’t do any.

28 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ha let me return the favor ! 

For me the one that springs to mind was Arcade Fire in 2014. I was not a big fan of the music to begin with and we were in a very crowded spot, so should have left to go see someone else. Same for Kasabian probably that year, allthough that was my first Glastonbury so wanted to catch a bit of the magic of the pyramid

Other two that spring to mind are Kanye and Radiohead, but I remember distinctly that we also werent to bothered about the other headliners at that time, otherwise we would have already skipped them.

20 minutes ago, Barneym said:

If you like dancing then I’d highly recommend a West Holts headliner, I think Underworld and Justice there are two of my favourite sets on the farm, plus instant access to SE after to keep the party going. I like you went to all 6 headliners in my first 2 years (inexplicably including Mumford in 2013) but now probably average one a year max as I tend to have more fun on other stages. In 2019 I didn’t do any.

I do like dancing! But sadly, my back doesn't. Have issues with it, so part of my lack of adventure is that I could find a spot, park a chair, and just take in a couple of stages a day.

As it stands, all three predicted picks for Pyramid would have me this year - never seen Dua Lipa or Stevie Wonder, and given how much I enjoyed Coldplay in 2016, I'm sure drunk me will be very happy to see them again.

Park was my least-visited stage of the main ones!

4 minutes ago, Primalcrux said:

Ha let me return the favor ! 

For me the one that springs to mind was Arcade Fire in 2014. I was not a big fan of the music to begin with and we were in a very crowded spot, so should have left to go see someone else. Same for Kasabian probably that year, allthough that was my first Glastonbury so wanted to catch a bit of the magic of the pyramid

Other two that spring to mind are Kanye and Radiohead, but I remember distinctly that we also werent to bothered about the other headliners at that time, otherwise we would have already skipped them.

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, Reify said:

Not mine, but found this and seems quite faithful to a lot of the intel shared on this forum. An enjoyable peruse while we wait patiently for the first announcement... https://clashfinder.com/s/glasto2024mock/

What's all this nonsense with Justice on that stage with the worst name ever?

Going to force me into Babylon?