5 minutes ago, polnico said:

Unexpected for sure. If combined with Pearl Jam, this is a strong combo. Pearl Jam - Maneskin would also be strong. But Maneskin + smaller co-head and Lenny Kravitz + smaller co-head would be very very disappointing.

Agree that the final options there is a disappointing one but I don't think it will play out like that. I have seen Kravitz twice (once at RW in 2015) and he's been very good both times. But on his own he isn't enough to sell that day to me, but first time he played before The Prodigy and second time (at Pinkpop) he played before The Cure so I think he's prepared to play alongside other big names, next year should be no different

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think it’s clear another co-header will be added to both Thursday and Friday 

For sure. But when Maneskin and Lenny Kravitz are announced first as the headliners of those two days, you don't expect a band like Pearl Jam to be announced as co-heads but a much smaller one. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, just_one said:

the guy who leaked the PJ US tour this year always told me it was Berlin 2/3 July and Barcelona 3 days after so that wouldnt leave room for Werchter...guess he was right after all

I guess he wasn't...

If PJ are touring in Europe during that period, they are at RW. I can't imagine this has changed. So my assumption is that they are not touring at all or at least not in EU in June/July.

Edited by Floyd_Ams

That's the most surprising, non-expected and disappointing name announced so far... I like the artist but main headliner on a festival like Werchter?! I hope other "headliners" will join him on Thursday, same for Maneskin on Friday. If it's Pearl Jam, it gonna be a strong co-headline... but I doubt about them now.

1 minute ago, laynestaley said:

Yeah, I'm afraid I can't see PJ co headlining with anybody so I reckon they are ruled out now. Big disappointment and a deal breaker for me I'm afraid. Shame as I was contemplating RW for the first time next year. 🤕

I am still convinced that IF Pearl Jam are touring Europe this year they 100% play Werchter 

16 minutes ago, laynestaley said:

Yeah, I'm afraid I can't see PJ co headlining with anybody so I reckon they are ruled out now. Big disappointment and a deal breaker for me I'm afraid. Shame as I was contemplating RW for the first time next year. 🤕

Did they not co-headline Lollapalooza Stockholm with Lorde in 2022? Don't think it's out of the question if their schedule allows.

23 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I guess he wasn't...

If PJ are touring in Europe during that period, they are at RW. I can't imagine this has changed. So my assumption is that they are not touring at all or at least not in EU in June/July.

There is a greek guy who is well known in the PJ community and has been reliable for years now just said that there is a tour in europe.

about werchter he just said this : 

There was never in the plan for 2024.
Its a short Europe tour with not alot of countries and cities as previous years
  • Upvote 1