Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Looks like a couple of stages have changed names this year. Under the trees is the old acoustic stage and introducing was casemates. Beats & swing is going to be on the seaside stage so not sure what's going to be in the d day car park, maybe they'll bring back the ale bar (probably not)?

Didn't they used to have like an additional food court in the Beats & Swing? I vaguely remember fancy Scotch Eggs...

On 7/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, eatingglitter said:

So, who we reckoning for the secret set? I'm laughing at the News saying it could be the 1975.

My money is on:

Busted,
Rick Astley,
>>Insert Indie Band Here<<

I wish they would book the odd old school pop punk band or ska band though. I know that Reel Big Fish tearing up the Castle Stage would go down an absolute treat in Portsmouth. 

Anyone think we’ve got a chance of Frank Turner (seeing as he did a secret set at Truck?)

7 hours ago, EssexIndie said:

Anyone think we’ve got a chance of Frank Turner (seeing as he did a secret set at Truck?)

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

If he's still a bit behind hitting that big number for the big show, then I'd say Turner is actually very likely. 

I thought the same, once I found out I missed him at Truck.

41 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not long now, castle stage is going up. Wonder when we'll find out what the secret slot is.PXL_20240804_142016535.thumb.jpg.806085d59defc4721ae75c1affb0c01f.jpg

Think it was only officially the morning of the festival last year

On 7/28/2024 at 5:20 PM, EssexIndie said:

I did think that, but saw him at YNot and he said that this was his last festival appearance of the year. Although, he was not likely to say I still have a secret slot to do at Victorious.

He did say what show he was at but cant remember what the number was. Seem to remember that he still needed something like 68ish shows before he got to 3000. So, still needs to pack them in somewhere.

4 hours ago, Dales said:

I did think that, but saw him at YNot and he said that this was his last festival appearance of the year. Although, he was not likely to say I still have a secret slot to do at Victorious.

He did say what show he was at but cant remember what the number was. Seem to remember that he still needed something like 68ish shows before he got to 3000. So, still needs to pack them in somewhere.

He's in the States from the 23rd of August, so think it will be highly doubtful.

9 minutes ago, roonboyz08 said:

He's in the States from the 23rd of August, so think it will be highly doubtful.

Thanks, thats useful to know. So sounds like it was his last UK festival show.

1 hour ago, rseamer said:

Main stage build has now started (also note how brown the common is after a bit of sun). Hopefully we’ll get a bit of rain before but not during the festival to green it up a bit! 

IMG_6980.jpeg

IMG_6981.jpeg

Well, you asked for it! Haha. It's definitely raining in Pompey right now. 

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

For the secret set- is it normally a band or a solo artist , or totally random?

and do we find out in advance or only on the day..?

It’s happened once before and was Mcfly.  Officially it wasn’t until the morning

What about a battle of the Tom's for the secret set. For no other reason then he has a few shows in the last few weeks of August, I will take a punt on it being Tom Grennan doing the secret set. Clearly, it will not be as I am rubbish at these sort of predications.

23 minutes ago, Dales said:

What about a battle of the Tom's for the secret set. For no other reason then he has a few shows in the last few weeks of August, I will take a punt on it being Tom Grennan doing the secret set. Clearly, it will not be as I am rubbish at these sort of predications.

Not a bad shout. I just feel it’s going to be someone more ‘indie’ to go up against Tom Walker.